Why does psychosis feels so good?

I had good and bad moments in psychosis but overall its worse than on meds.

I am actually also thinking of quitting, haldol isnt working for me anyways and I have to go through a lot of bulhit to change my meds when I im sane. Also noticed how sexual functions just return with a storm during psychosis?

1 Like

Yes I did but for me I cant quit meds as I can get violent.

On which ap are you on now?

I am on 4mg Risperdal. Tried Latuda, Abilify and Seroquel+Zyprexa (They didnt fully work as I still had voices and paranoia).

My psychosis 4 years ago was horrifying!
It was like being stuck in hell.
Nothing was real.

2 Likes

I guess some schizophrenics dont have grandiosity while others do. I had grandiosity but what ruined everything was my aggressive and suicidal behavior.

1 Like

I was grandiose for over 20 years because my criminal of a psychiatrist at the time placed me on a powerful tricyclic antidepressant all those years.

I thought that I was a god and I could communicate with the dead.

I thought I had psychic powers and could heal others by my spirit.

3 Likes

Sorry that this happened. I thought I was Jesus and that I experienced miracles.

1 Like

The only antidepressant I was on is Wellbutrin. It made me irritable and had a hard time sleeping at night.

1 Like

I am also still mad at the psychiatrist who put me on Abilify without telling me that it can cause serious and dangerous addictions and hypersexuality. I could have been dead.

1 Like

Yeah its like feeling like you are either the ā€˜chosen oneā€™ or the target

1 Like

my pdoc wont let me take any antidepressants, she was shocked that my regular doc had me on high dose welbutrin. thankfully the welbutrin did nothing for me anyway

but oddly enough she is ok with me trying stimulants. Im done with those now though, the stimulants just put me in fight or flight mode all day and night

1 Like

I agree. Even my terrifying delusions and hallucinations had this energy about them that felt good. Like, I wanted to write a letter and I just could. No struggle. I had the energy to do things. Not like too much energy. Just a normal amount. Like I had as good nightā€™s sleep even it was full of nightmares.

I donā€™t know. I donā€™t have mania either. I really thought I did for as long time because I didnā€™t want to accept that I had sz, but every doctor Iā€™ve seen always says I have sz and not sza or bipolar. Iā€™ve argued that I was manic because I wasnā€™t sleeping well and still had energy to do all these things and they said thatā€™s just what normal people feel like without negative symptoms and without the sedating effect of the meds. šŸ¤·

But yeah, I sometimes miss that energy. I donā€™t miss the scary stuff and thinking I need to kill myself or kill someone else, but that energy. Mmmmm. Yeah. Miss that.

1 Like

I wish they would stop calling us ill and treat us the way we should be treated, its a sign of the times, we are a reflection of the insecurities of this world, we reflect the times

1 Like

I wonder what the percentage of us on here have been jesus and did miracles lol. i imagine a poll of "were you jesus? Yes/No may get locked lol

1 Like

I had something like that, but it was god telling me what ailments people had when I walked by them, id look at someone and itd be like ā€˜congestive heart failure, 10 years.ā€™ it was scary to be given knowledge like that. (yes i now know it wasnt real)

1 Like

Yea it would lol

2 Likes

99% of psychosis sucked even though my brain took me on some interesting flights of fancy at the time.

2 Likes

I had also jesus syndrome. I thought i was one of apostles and I also was an inquisitor to exorcise all demons out of people

1 Like