Why did I agree to a higher dose?

My pdoc upped my dose of invega sustenna. Turns out I just looked up the dosage, and it’s the max dose you can give a person. Are they playing my insurance company?why, why, why??? It’s hard to talk about medicine with anyone else since both the nurse, my therapist, and old case manager said these are questions for the pdoc. I finally get time to talk and she said I had a lot of paranoia. I just don’t know any more. Who cares about paranoia. I really don’t. I’m sick of being drugged to the max. She knows what she’s doing. Then I’m talked into this because I’m naive. I thought maybe I can get the dose I’m on now every 3 weeks instead of 4. She laughed and said that would be too much, well guess what? Jokes on her I won’t show up for my injection then that will be a waste of money. Is over medication necessary? What are situations where it is?

Just reading your post anyone can tell that you’re paranoid,

That’s why she increased the dose,

That’s also why she said she increased the dose so I don’t see any reason for you not to trust her.

I know from dealing with my doctor’s office and insurance that they aren’t making any extra money on the dose of the injection.

It sounds like your doctor is trying to do what’s best for you and your symptoms you’re just too paranoid to accept it.

4 Likes

Thanks for your feedback. I hardly hallucinate, but I don’t know what is paranoia and not paranoia. If I start to question things I’ll still not know. Will the higher dose fix it?

1 Like

Maybe.

Its hard to tell unless you’ve been on it for a while.

A lot of this type stuff is trial and error,

You have to just try different doses and medications and see what works.

2 Likes

Sometimes, pdoc’s med scripts are for or slightly above, the max. I take risperidone 4mg 3x day. I also take haldol 5mg 2x day prn.

Take your shot.

I don’t mean to vent to you but it was so hard adjusting to this medicine. At times I would get the shot, and get in a catatonic state. I kind of want to be left alone for now and not go to therapy because I overthink my appointments and it throws me off, or it could be it’s the only kind of social interaction besides family and boyfriend I get, but I understand where you are coming from and I want this paranoia to be gone.

1 Like

Thanks I was on both of those just not at the same time

I say give it time, @Winterblues. Conspiracy ideas are common to we szs. Do what you can to calm down. I’m sure you have a few soother techniques in your head.

2 Likes

Ok, I will thanks.

1 Like

I’ve never had monthly injections. Just pills. I’m med compliant.

Oh, I was on risperidone pills and haldol pills.

Ive been on a high dose, I have it in my head I’m not taking my shot in 2 weeks. Nothing but instability in my life. I don’t want to be on APs anymore. I like the feeling of not being so blunted when off them. I just can’t bare these poisonous brain ‘meds’ any longer… They don’t help me, they broke my mind

You will be hospitalized soon. Stay on your meds.

I take the maximum recommended dose of Geodon plus a small dose of Latuda. I would have never have been stable without it.

On lower doses I got psychotic every day.

You are playing with Fire :fire:

3 Likes

It’s hard realizing that things will never be the same. When I was younger I always used to go off meds. But 2 yrs ago I started really getting affected by it and I hardly remember 2017.

Talk to your doctor if you could try amyloban 3399 with invega and then possibly lower your dose.

1 Like

Supplements may work well for others but l-theanine has all this positive literature online but it made me take a handful of Klonopin and messed up my chemistry so I couldn’t sleep. I’m sure amyloban works for some people but I’m weary to what I put in my body anymore.

I didn’t want to reduce the dose… I wanted to feel what it’s like to be off APs again. I guess in a way there are perks of being off meds, but I think last year I went into another psychotic break and I reached the age last year where females get sz. I was 25 last year, so maybe my sz got at it’s peak and it took this long to recover with all the catatonia/ visual hallucinations/ cognitive symptoms that I never had so bad. I thought it was the med that caused all that but now I’m relatively stable. @TomCat is right, I’d be playing with fire

If you just keep taking your medicine you will eventually get used to it and you won’t be so blunted. But you need to take it or you’ll be even more paranoid

1 Like

Thanks 1515151515

@Winterblues do you feel any leg weakness in the morning with this dose? I think I’ll need to lower my dose to 156mg

No my legs are really strong. This AP has made me the strongest I’ve ever felt on APs. I have a lot of muscular strength and a lot of them made me throw up every day. I can eat whenever I want on this too

We’re you ever on 156