Who likes their parents?

The best people ever. Best support system :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Would you feel comfortable giving examples? You’re one of the only people here who said yes, and I’d love to know why.

Well my dad died a few years ago, unfortunately, it was a freak accident, but he was the type to give me anything I needed and wanted. If I wanted pizza and my sister wanted Chinese, he would go to each place to buy food. If I was out at 3 am with friends even at 26yrs old, he would go pick us up, and I was out like 3 out of 7 days of the week. He would take me to work even if he hadn’t slept. Him and my sister were everything to him. He died before I was diagnosed. My mom, is the same way. She’s the type to give me anything and everything. I don’t drive, so she comes with to every appt. We go out a lot, and she stops her life so that I can live mine. She cooks, cleans and supports me. Constantly uplifting me and physically shows lots of love. She is like that in general though. I’ve only been like this for 3 years and she said she would never get tired of all this. I’m sorry that not everyone has the same support. If I didn’t have the ppl in my life, I honestly don’t know what I would do :pensive:

2 Likes

I loved and liked my parents. They made plenty of mistakes (especially as my mom was usually an untreated schizophrenic) but as I matured, I realized they were human and did the best they could…

Now I have 3 grown children. We all get along pretty good. They often tell me what a good parent I was. I am still learning to forgive myself for the many mistakes I made as a parent. But my kids made it to adulthood and we all still love each other - so I count it as a win.

My advice - remember you are human. Try your best but don’t be afraid to ask for help.

2 Likes

My parents are dead now. Even though they were the cause of much misery and abuse for me, I love my parents today. I have forgiven them. That is the source of a lot of my healing.

2 Likes

My mother lied and manipulated me.

1 Like

I love my mom more than my dad.

1 Like

Blah. I decided to get therapy because of my dad.

2 Likes

I gotta say I didn’t like my parents. I liked my dad a little more than my mom because I had a sense that I wasn’t alone when I was with him. Mom had no presence of mind for that. But Dad demanded, beat and shouted so nothing really pleasant came from either of them.

1 Like

Basically, what I’m getting from everyone is make sure the kids know we both like and love them, listen without judging, and help them solve their problems.

1 Like

It will come naturally to you, @Ninjastar

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.