Who here has also got a sibling or other family members have schizophrenia

And has had that person be chronically unwell for so many years in a row

Not me. As far as I’m aware I’m the only one in the entire history of my family tree to get schizophrenia ! Lucky me.

4 Likes

My paternal cousin has schizophrenia.

2 Likes

I am the only one in my whole family with a mental illness.

1 Like

My sister has schizophrenia,

However,

She’s very a very successful costume designer.

So she’s doing well.

4 Likes

One sister was unwell from 14 till 25 when she died
I was unwell at the same time but my symptoms peaked after she died
Then I recovered and the youngest sister has late onset unwell persistently since 2013

1 Like

My uncle has psychosis or sz I’m not sure it’s not talked about he also had a stroke this year event hough he’s only in his 50s.

1 Like

My other uncle may also have or had sz or psychosis though it’s not sure.

1 Like

My maternal cousin is severely autistic

We even have a schizophrenic stepsister

1 Like

My maternal cousin had sz. He’s dead now. He shot himself cleaning a gun. Some think he committed suicide. As far as I know the coroner said it was accidental. He wasn’t taking his meds when he shot himself. This information came from his father.

4 Likes

My Aunt has it but she disappeared over 20 years ago. Treatment never seemed to work for her sadly.

1 Like

Really been feeling uniquely afflicted with 3 sisters all having full on course of illness
Thanks guys for sharing
So many tragedies

1 Like

I’m the only one with sza in my family but my sister and one of her three daughters were once diagnosed with bipolar. They are off meds and doing well now. But I’m still on meds and doubt I will get off them.

I have the lion’s share of mental illness in my family

1 Like

My brother. He refuses treatment amd is much worse off than me.

1 Like

My maternal cousin is likely schizophrenic but I don’t know for sure as I haven’t seen him in six years.

1 Like

That’s like my youngest sister

1 Like

My cousin has sz. Does really well as long as he’s on his meds.

1 Like

Schizophrenics have a shorter than average life span. I’m 70, myself.

2 Likes

My mom had schizophrenia but her biggest problem was people deliberately bothering her, like me.

My uncle has sz. Also some sisters of my grandma have mental health problems but I’m not sure what.

1 Like