Schizophrenia.com

Anybody else in your family have schizophrenia?

My uncle had it (he passed years ago from heart failure) and my cousin (he committed suicide about half a year ago):pensive: Do you have any relatives that also have or did have schizophrenia?

3 Likes

Yeah my uncle and I think one distant relative more. I´m very sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Quite possibly.
My dad says my mom has it.
My mom says my dad has it.

3 Likes

My uncle has it… A few people in my family suffer from bipolar and depression on both sides.

1 Like

None that I or my parents know. Its still genetic though, its just that sz genes weren’t active in other family members. I learned in university that genes can be programmed to be on and off. Sadly scientists don’t know most of sz genes so no treatment.

3 Likes

My sister, my mom, and myself have schizoaffective bipolar type disorder. My two brothers are also suspected to have it but they won’t go to a psychiatrist.

1 Like

Nope I’m the only one in my entire family tree in fact !

2 Likes

no. just me. No one else in my family has it.

1 Like

Interesting @Bowens @everhopeful

1 Like

I no nobody in my family who have it , although my aunt not related by blood recently got diagnosed past the age of 60

2 Likes

No, I’m only person I know of that has sza in my family

My sister and one niece had bipolar symptoms some years back but I don’t know if they were formally diagnosed. My sister only developed mood symptoms when she was in her 40’s

I’ve had my sza since I was 18.

2 Likes

One of my cousins has sz

2 Likes

My dad had it and my aunt has it

2 Likes

My Great, Great, Great, Great Grandmother Was Diagnosed And Spent Her Entire Life in an Asylum. My Mother Shared That Story With Me Years Before I Was Diagnosed Myself. She Told Me Long, Long, Long Ago. And I Regret Not Asking For Her Name. I Would Love to See Some of Her Scribbles While She Was Locked Up.

I Remember When My Mom Told Me About it Out of Nowhere, I Was Confused.

The Word Schizophrenia Made Absolutely No Sense to Me. And I Jus Laughed it Off.

And Since My Parents Have Both Passed Away. And The Rest of My Family Has Disappeared. I Have No Way to Search For Her Records.

1 Like

None of my relatives have it. I don’t know who my father is though

2 Likes

Nope. Just a bipolar cousin and cousins with low iq/learning disabilities.

I’m the first. I dont want kids because they’ll probably get it too…

My step fathers brother has it. I have it. Im worried my brother may get it…but he doesn’t like me warning him or saying he is going to get it…i understand.

In another life, me and my brother both had schizophrenia. He had it worse in a way. Mine is extremely uncomfortable and bad and life altering.

I have no evidence, but i think its more than a coincidence. I think i was given schizophrenia on purpose. Theres no other way to rationalize it except saying I have poor genes on both sides of my family…

I dont understand why I have alien connections, what happened in college, etc. Its almost like what happened to Amanda Bynes. She pissed off the Illuminati or something and they gave her schizophrenia in my opinion from monarch. I have no evidence. Just my view and self-story.

My cousin had schizophrenia. He’s dead now and was younger than me. He shot himself while cleaning a gum. Some think he committed suicide. He was off meds when he died.

2 Likes

She Seems to Be Doing Well. Last Time I Heard She Was Working on a New Movie Called, Shark Bite Fright. Might Be a Good One!. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No family member that I know of ever had it though my grandmother spent a year in a sanitarium when my mom was young. They called it a “nervous breakdown”. That was kind of a catch-all label for many different mental illnesses in those days. In fact when I first got sick myself, a couple doctors called it a nervous breakdown.

We had a family friend when I was young who later became schizophrenic. Before he got sick he was a cool, mellow, hippie who drove around the country in his station wagon and he would stop by and visit us every now and then and stay for a week or two. He got married when he was about 23, and him and his hippie wife had a baby.

He couldn’t settle down so the marriage didn’t work and then things started getting weird. He stole a car, which was totally out of character for him and he got arrested. Other weird things happened, and while this was going on I was becoming schizophrenic myself which is kinda weird too.

My parents found out all this from his parents and they came over to our apartment to discuss the situation with him and I remember he just looked so different. Subdued with a haunted look in his eye, and very quiet. He ended up going up to Washington State to bum around and then the next thing we know we get a letter from his parents saying he died.

It was winter time and someone found his body, leaning against a tree in an orchard, dead. He liked to go to any orchard wherever he went and pick walnuts or apples or anything else and he must have got tired and laid down to rest and froze to death. It was very tragic, we knew him for a long time and he was the nicest guy. It was all very sad.

2 Likes

So sorry for your great great great grandmother. Medicine has come a long way, I’m glad we don’t have to spend our lives in an asylum. @sleepoptimistic