Who here doesn’t get delusions?

There’s only one delusion I get, and that’s thinking the voices are real at times and other times I don’t think they’re real. But I don’t think this delusion was caused by my dopamine D2 receptors from the sz. Other than that I can’t say I get any delusions. Is anyone else like that?

3 Likes

Apart from shorter-lived or less intense delusions, such as thinking for a couple of days that my brain was moving places, or that I had been replaced by a copy whilst at hospital, all I have is the ingrained yet part-time belief (rather than delusion), based on legitimate philosophical speculation, that the universe is my co-creation, that effectively, the universe is a simulation prompted by the devil in order to ensnare me and steal some of the divine principle.

Are you being honest with yourself? I mean believing your voices are real is a delusion. Not believing in them fully means you have some insight.

2 Likes

Which is better believing theyre real or not?

I go back and forth between believing and not believing in them. I don’t necessarily think that it’s a delusion that is directly caused by schizophrenia because I don’t get any other delusions. If you heard voices that were intelligent you would probably think they are real too.

Probably not believing in them. Believing I’m being harassed by outside forces not just my brain is more unsettling.

does the medication help

Yes it has made the voices go away for months but I’m hearing faint voices now.

None at all now that I’m on meds.

I haven’t had any delusions in over 9 years but I defo had delusions

That’s where I’m at still… it’s a difficult relation to work out… you have to consider all the factors.

I think it relates more to how I feel about myself… even though the experience suggests it’s how I feel about them or vice versa.

It passes pretty quickly… the hallucinations persist… the delusions come and go.

100% pure harassment going on in my brain for about 7 years now… Hard not to just get pissed off and buckle into wanting to believe it just for the sake of argument.

What helps is when I do talk about it with the muggles… they don’t understand… I mean they really don’t understand it even when they’re trying… they wholly underestimate the weight of the experience. They’d rather stick things their own plights are the worst things out their to feel… wussy muggles… ■■■■■■■ wussy muggles.

I wish my voices gave me correct answers to tests. A lot of my thoughts are ■■■■■■■■ like 99.9% but then when I get that .1% I feel great haha.

I had them for the first few years of my schizophrenia, then they went away. Now I just deal with voices and some negative symptoms.

My attempts to not believe what others insist are ‘delusions’ keep getting met with the things I’d call hard proof that I’m more right than them.
Problem is, what good is the proof, when those that caused it, want it not to be known to all?

So, here I sit, thinking one thing, and speaking nothing, for the good of me (and my things.)

1 Like

the only way your voices could be real is thru an extended gov program that many believe in, otherwise your synapses are misfiring. If you still believe it and suspect many other things, do your research and find people who think like you. You won’t find it here.

You definitely have delusions.

I certainly have them. I don’t think they’re real until I’m experiencing them, but it is what it is.

yeah, unfortunately, everyone who spends a couple of hours in my house also starts questioning what they experience as ‘real,’ but shouldn’t be.
The list includes my mom, my x-mother in law, a friend, the x-husband, current H, my indoor only cats, and so on…

I’ve done some research on this area, and it only brings up more questions than answers.

2 Likes

I doubt it’s the government because when I went to Europe I still had the voices and that would be out of range of the broadcast zone for the US government. Only other thing I can think of is clairaudience the ability to hear spirits. It’s unlikely but the voices are so intelligent it makes me believe there has to be an intelligence creating it.

I guess I’m done on this topic, I was locked, not sure even if you’re even right in mind to determine, but I am.

Honestly besides hearing the voices I’m just a regular guy. I’ve never thought the government was out to get me or that my thoughts were being broadcasted or that I was a famous actor. Does believing the voices are real even really count as a delusion because technically it is because the voices are probably just created by my mind but any person without sz if they heard voices there’s a good chance they would think it’s a spirit too without have their D2 receptors causing this false belief