Who here appears normal?

Not really, sometimes people are shocked. I don’t appear normal physically, I’m aware my behaviour may make people back away, and when I open my mouth I’m even stranger. I had an outburst in town recently, shouting at people to stop listening. Not good.

I can appear normal when I’m not stressed, or in an environment I know well. But then again, I wasn’t normal even before I became unwell! I don’t think I’ll ever be normal, and really, I don’t even know what it is, how do you aspire to be something you don’t even know?

Take care,
Meg.

I know that I’m viewed locally as being eccentric, but it is attributed to my being ‘an artist’. I encourage that as it is more socially acceptable than being nutz. I’m high-functioning enough that no one guesses I have SZ and the few who know were quite surprised to find out that was the case.

10-96

3 Likes

I stick out like a sore thumb.

2 Likes

Yeah if you met me you wouldnt know

2 Likes

Interesting story. I’m doing a lot better now through sheer disbelief of my symptoms but I always wandered what would happen if I did something like that. Got similar delusions I’m a thought broadcaster. For some reason though in the couple of days my hallucinations of telepathic messages has subsided. It’s cool but I’m scared it’s all gonna come back. Really gotta do my best to not think about it. Good luck out there Meg.

1 Like

I have normal friends and get along well I guess. they know I am schizophrenic and that relaxes the deal quite a bit for me. I’m with @Wave mortimer you are egocentric and full of yourself. and I really didn’t like you bombing the feel good thread about luxury items with saying you threw up in your mouth.

Just the other day my case manager asked me if I’m as
'All right Apparently I was doing something or looking like I am unwell. She’s a brand new case worker so really, how should she know?

1 Like

When considering not being normal in appearance its a matter of survival for me. If I don’t appear normal I cant work. My pdoc has offered to see me only twice a year, but I will opt for 3 times a year.

I function normal. Then suddenly, about twice a year, I get worse. I get paranoid and stop sleeping. Then psychosis comes knocking on my door. But I’m aware of the signs of relapse. I see my pdoc about 4-6 times/year for medicine adjustments.

I’m still a bit paranoid. I believe my pdoc is reading here and other forums I’m on.

yes Comatose you are being paranoid. no pdoc reads this site to catch up on us.

Heyyy Most of the time! Now I feel special :slight_smile:

How have you ever taken a philosophy class? You just committed one of the worst logical fallacies, it’s called “Ad Hominem” and attacks a person’s character instead of making a logical and reasonable statement.

You are a disabled schizophrenic, not a doctor, my doctors repeatedly tell me that I am not diagnosed with any personality disorders and for sure am not manic. I get on here and listen to all of your and everyone else’s sad stories and try to help using actual higher education and experience in recovery and yet you find that instead of doing some good, that I have a list of personality disorders, and that being successful means nothing compared to being content with being disabled, seen here in your post

I try to be nice but you just went out of your way to show how jealous you are. I am doing this whole school thing for people who can’t do it, people like you, people like how I used to be-- broken. I want to ultimately work in psychosis research, and I am actually on my way to doing so. Yes, I am young and arrogant, I always will be arrogant, but my ends justify my means- my actions bring the best for everyone, including myself. I saved myself from being disabled with my education, now I am going to try to save others with the skills that come with the highest level of education. It’s called utilitarianism. I save myself with school and will save other people’s lives with it in due time. The most good for everyone.

You know, people who have no sense of importance, who have no aggression, no pride, no energy, no respect for themselves, and are weary of the world get absolutely nowhere in life. They are broken.

How am I guilty of not being kind, fair, and honest? Sure, I have no patience.

My doctors tell me that my traits are not pathological, that I am within normal ranges, save for chronic paranoid schizophrenia. I deal with a constant level of symptoms, my case is chronic.

I try to help people and I actually do.

And as for being immature, guess what? You’re thirty years older than I am, I’m 21! So you get a cookie for that. You said something correct.

2 Likes

I refuse to feed your over inflated ego with a response - And I dont give a ■■■■ about what you are capable of or not capable of.
All I know is that you are full of yourself and display a lot of insensitivity towards others - many times.
Its all about you climbing that mountain of yours and shouting to the world - "Look folks, I am better than all of you - I dont behave like a “schizophrenic” !!! Whatever this means

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Please be civil towards everyone else here. We all have our issues - none of us are perfect.

Lets all try to be a little empathetic towards each others issues - not harsh and name calling. Its not helpful to either be condescending, or name calling.

We’re all in this boat together - lets try to be more positive.

Please stop the negative interactions.

4 Likes

Well many people do recognize what I am capable of and understand that my ego is saving my life. I come from a background where everyone is encouraged to do well for themselves. I would be a failure to everyone who knows me (actually knows me, doesn’t just think I am a little mouse picture on a forum) if I changed my ways.

Well some certain people do “give a ■■■■ about” what I am capable of or not capable of. You would be very surprised to learn who knows and gives a ■■■■.

Yes, you are correct, I have chronic schizophrenia and I make it my goal in life to overcome it with no mercy on myself. It seems to be getting me somewhere. I suggest we all “climb our mountains”.

Recovery is what you are referring to, climbing a mountain. One would be truly insane to chose not to recover. Like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde- Dr. Jekyll is the insane one for choosing to drink the potion and become Mr. Hyde. I would be insane to turn my back on everything I have fought to save my dream.

You are proposing that being like you is better. I fail to understand how any mental health professional would ever use you instead of me as an example of how to live well with schizophrenia. I might talk about schizophrenia on here, but my real life is actually just fine and remarkably well-adjusted, highly functioning in relation to NORMAL people, not just other schizophrenics.

by posing as an over achiever for yourself you somehow think you come off as a superior being. maybe it’s because you so rampantly call yourself bisexual and repost your initial thread years ago about you being bisexual on here. oh you only like guys, oh you like both sexes, oh women are winning hands down…listen keep your sex life to yourself I think you should be ashamed about how relentless you are about your sex life on here. who gives a rat’s ass what you think.

3 Likes

Folks - chill out.

People discussing their sex life is fine here - its hard to discuss these types of things elsewhere - and if you don’t like people’s discussions in this area - thats fine - just don’t read it.

Mouse does come across as arrogant sometimes and that doesn’t help him if he’s trying to help other people - but he’s young and will learn. Who among us didn’t make mistakes when we were 20 years old. Its life - ignore the posts if you don’t like his posts.

6 Likes

and for the record @mortimermouse i personally feel that you are from “normal” - You display a lot of antisocial personality/narcissism traits - you seem way over the top and many times appear to display manic like behaviors - I know mania, I have bipolar disorder.
You are grandiose and arrogant, in my book this is not pleasant - normal attributes to have

I think you are a normal twenty-one year old @mortimermouse. I commend you for doing your best with chronic schizophrenia. I was pretty arrogant when I was in my twenties too. Now as for seeming normal–I personally think I am mixed. I get good grades, and can talk to people, but I am a forty-one year old going to college, so that’s not quite so normal. I still live with my parents, so that’s not quite so normal, and I am not married, so that is not quite so normal. But most of my problems are in my head, so I can hide them from other people.

2 Likes