When they say "you don't look like sz".... :( right?

hate that. I look nice and I am smart. have inner power and will. bot I struggle with unbelievable things that not everyone sees. o.k but to deny this, why should I lie?
I hate when they don’t believe me.
( it does not happen a lot but very annoiyng when it is)

4 Likes

Everyone says that until you have an episode, after that they dont even want to see you or talk to…

3 Likes

ahahhah. Im well known in my town for being Schizophrenic. Almost infamous lol.

You get 3 types. Those that empathise and feel sorry for you. Those that simply laugh and call you a nutter. And those that will target you - cos they assume your thick and will just hand over your money lol.

1 Like

reminds me of the physical characteristics of intellectual disabilities
and knowing right away, and calling all this population stupid.
Well my son is very smart, maybe not intellectually, but in other ways. I fight this all the time when people use the ‘r’ word as a slam,
but it’s probably a worthless fight.

2 Likes

well. sometime. it depends on what are they. I pick my friends very carefully. but only after I had learned from my mistakes

1 Like

people are mean. we all are in some way I guess

that’s not the Girl Scouts song: “Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver, and the other gold.” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like presenting as normal, makes it easier to function in society and professionally as well.

3 Likes

I guess I would take it as a compliment, even though it is quite backhanded and not truly a nice thing to say.

What I think they really mean is that they associate schizophrenics as people who can’t take care of themselves and have lots of social issues. Where as you don’t appear to be someone like that.

But yeah I hate comments like that in general. Just seems really judgemental. If someone says “I have X” you don’t have to try and argue or question that statement.

4 Likes

I think everyone wants to appear this way in public,
but I’ve worn pajama bottoms up to the store before,

plus I’ve just never dressed right all my adult life.
It just doesn’t matter to me.

1 Like

I sang this in my head as I read it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

must suck if they don’t believe you =/

but it’s also a compliment i think…

1 Like

I feel like they erase all the struggle that there. yesterday my friend told me that he hearing voices too ( he is not sz. he spoke about thoughts) so I made him a demonstration.
We watched t.v and suddenly I whispered toward him " stinky ■■■■■■■■ he was confused and asked me “what? why?” I said "nothing, what?
And then again “stup–it pig”
after that he understood.

2 Likes

I look very normal. Im fit and also have handsome looks. So it just looks like how could anything be wrong. Only immediate family can tell when im off.

2 Likes

thank you for saying this. that what is happening with me too.

1 Like

I get the feeling that everyone can tell I’m mentally ill with something serious if not with sz/sza. I know this because no one EVER asks me what I do or at least did for a living.

1 Like

You’re passing as normie, which gives you some cover, but at cost of erasure. Erasure is no fun at all because we all need to be seen and loved fof who we are.

I’m visibly ill which has its own problems. The good news in my case is I get the stigma upfront before sinking my precious time and effort into people who aren’t worth either.

There really is no pleasing normies, so I try not to let their opinions worry me too much.

3 Likes

Ppl other than my parents think I am faking my sz. I told my uncle that I tried to kill my brother while psychotic and he said that I am lying. Hate em.

1 Like

Yeah. I feel like that is a constant through my life - especially way before I had MH issues. Its not worth caring about normies.

1 Like

am I the only one who dresses weird. ha.

Phil hates it, has said he wants to show me off.
just depends on a phase.
I used to wear skirts and tights when I was in great physical shape.

1 Like