Who can't exercise here?

I’m with you, I have terrible negative symptoms it’s hard to do anything physical. I need to lose weight also. I bought a stationary bike so hopefully I will be able to ride it…

1 Like

You said your on risperdal, thats big problem because that cause huge weight gain, got to change that to a weight neutral medication, if you want to see dramatic weight loss. Its going behard to if your on it. I was on it, it was pretty much impossible to lose weight i tried so hard diet and exercise my weight wouldnt change. good luck. try geodon thats what im on, im losing 5lbs a week.

1 Like

Yea Risperdal is also a big problem but I have no choice. I tried most meds available in Canada except Geodon. I need stronger meds to be stable so more likely 160mg Geodon if I am even stable on it. Risperdal is stronger. Also my pdr doesn’t want to change my meds bcz it was hard to find a working med and he says meds will stop working if I keep changing meds.

Yea man try geodon, its a good medication. Ask your doctor. Its worth a try. trust me youll lose alot weight if on this. i was 275 now im 250. Risperdal made me gain like 80 pounds over the years. omg it made a diabetic and high blood pressure now its controlled thanks god. it was bad.

1 Like

Ill have to change my psychiatrist bcz the current one doesn’t want to change my meds at all. I can’t force him. Its a pain in the ass to change my pdr here. He’s the only one who can allow me to see another psychiatrist. I will try again and ask him for Geodon but pretty sure he will refuse again.

1 Like

Tell him i want to lose weight, i heard geodon is a weight neutal medication he will understand, just explain it him, thats what i did my psychiatrist. then he switch me to it. tell why you want to switch. If doesnt get a psychatrist that would prescribe geodon.

1 Like

I’m very out of shape. But I’m exercising now 5 days a week. I think it’s akithisia from Haldol that’s enabling me to do it. I feel so antsy and irritable that it makes me want to be up and moving. I can barely sit still

4 Likes

Keep it up! :star: 15

1 Like

Not easily right now or I would be.

1 Like

I was getting into a good exercise routine but it’s been extremely difficult lately. I work 60 hours a week between both jobs and it’s so difficult to gather the motivation to run or lift weight lately. I’m hoping once I can leave my second job that I’ll have more motivation to be healthy again

1 Like

Getting enough sleep seems to be a bigger priority for me than intense exercise right now. I do quite a bit of caregiving and feel pretty sore in my back, hip and shoulder from arthritis by the end of the day so anything I do to heal my joints usually pays off with more energy and spontaneity the next day.

1 Like

Just came in from my evening walk. The weather is less than auspicious…

I managed to get in my 15,000 step goal for the day and even snagged a few pictures:

My problem is that I’m really good at talking myself out of going outside when the weather is crappy. I have to keep pushing past that so I can stay active this winter.

11 Likes

I have severe negative symptoms and am plagued with health issues so it’s difficult for me to exercise other than walking, and even that’s limited.

I try to walk at least 5000 steps daily.

1 Like

Awesome pictures as always!

I set my goal steps in the app to 6000. Sometimes I am able to do slightly over 6000 and sometimes I just manage 3000.

2 Likes

Cardio is problematic for me as I get leg cramps if I walk around 2km from the AP. I have now, however, built up my press ups to 100 in one go every morning now. It is tough to do and has taken ages to build them up but persistence paid off.

I hope it is doing something for my health.

3 Likes

That is FANTASTIC. Well done you!

:smiley:

Thankee. The wind was gusting so hard I’m surprised any turned out as I took everything hand-held. A gust took me off the path and onto the grass beside it at one point. Thank goodness there’s still some padding on my rump, I suppose. Oof.

2 Likes

Yea the wind must be strong because its -8C but it feels double at -16C.

Welp. Good old Albertan weather.

I have a genetic disorder that makes my muscles really stiff. Moderate to mild exercise is great but for more than that I will be in severe pain.

1 Like