Who can't exercise here?

I can’t due to severe negative symptoms and my only way to be healthy is to eat healthy. Its very hard to lose weight without exercise. I was 80lb less when I was going to the gym 2h 4x/week eventhought I ate junk like McDonalds many times a day and I was eating more. It sucks. Now I eat healthier and less still 80lb more than before. With diet I lost 23lb in 2 months but now its slow to lose more.

Idk how to lose weight faster, fat burners? Idk if they work and if they’re safe?

At least now my blood pressure went down, it was 116/68 at the Drs. My cholesterol went down by a lot too maybe bcz of Metamucil Fiber too. My cholesterol lvl is nearly under lower limit, I think the Dr will stop the low dose 10mg Crestor anticholesterol med and the 150mg Irbesartan antihypertensive med.

6 Likes

I was 295lb before changing my diet 2 months ago, now 278lb. I am 5ft10.

1 Like

I can’t exercise as abilify had given me stiff muscles. All I can hope to do it calorie count and lose weight that way.

1 Like

That seems serious, did you tell your Dr? Maybe there is a med to fix that.

1 Like

I can exercise, but within limits. No running, some walking, being careful with weights or calisthenics. I can’t exercise in the manner I’d like to because of cardiac issues. Pushing past the negatives and pain from past injuries to keep moving is also daunting.

:frowning_face:

2 Likes

i can exercise but i get really sore, can’t do the 5 sessions a week like i would like to, more like 3 times a week. i don’t recover as quick like when i was in my 20’s.

1 Like

I’ve had it forever on abilify. I’m not worried about it.

1 Like

Can you lift weights? More muscle increases metabolism which increases fat burning even at rest when you’re sleeping.

1 Like

That’s still good, how much time/session?

1 Like

20 minute jog. 90 minutes lifting weights, upper body and lower body, 14 exercises total. about 2 hours.

i have my own gym, in dad’s garage, i spent all my money on workout equipment a couple years ago.

2 Likes

That’s pretty good!

1 Like

Its about what I did when I used to go to the gym while on Abilify. I did it 3-4x/week.

1 Like

Do you think fat burners work or they’re bs?

1 Like

wouldnt know, i’ve never tried one. i’ve never been that overweight, about 10 pounds overweight at most. i count my calories, which works for me.

don’t want to say they don’t work, if you have a little extra income to spend on supplements, then you can experiment with them and see if they work. personally, i would rather spend my money on good food, only taking wheat germ oil, for vitamin e to lower prolactin and vitamin d in the winter. i used to take fish oil and liked it, but stopped it.

1 Like

Good, I take multivitamin, fish oil and Metamucil Fiber as supplements.

1 Like

Is that a pill? I will check if its already in the multivitamin pill.

1 Like

no its liquid wheat germ oil. which has a high vitamin e content. so i just take that. 2 softgels pills i guess a day. much like fish oil pills. im always paranoid the chalk like pills are just rubbish.

1 Like

also there is about a daily servings worth of vitamin e in a couple servings of nuts and seeds. i go the natural route, should i rethink this?

1 Like

The thing with seeds and nuts is that they’re high in fat and calories. Its up to you to decide if you don’t need Vit E supplements.

1 Like

i lost sixty pounds by counting grams of protein that i was eating. i ate only like seventy grams of protein, and five servings of fruit and veggies. i had maybe one serving of normal carbs like bread per day. i may be able to lose more that way, but it’s very hard to stick to a diet.

1 Like