Which musical instrument you would like to play

Or maybe you can play already a musical instrument, I would like to play piano.

4 Likes

I would like to teach myself the keyboard.

2 Likes

I am currently learning guitar. I am actually a bit confused atm because on guitar, there are 3 ways to learn how to play…I used 2 different sites…one gave me an intro on tabluture, one started me on chords. Reading standard notation seems the most versatile but also the most complex. IDK.

Anyway, guitar is my answer.

3 Likes

tuba

2 Likes

Piano. But it´s too difficult for me.

2 Likes

I play guitar and mandolin. I thought about buying a ukulele. I own a keyboard and never used it.

2 Likes

I used to play piano by ear as a kid. People said I was really good. I haven’t played in many years and not sure if I still could, but I miss it.

1 Like

I play guitar. years ago I used to play the sax . I would like to get good on that again but these days my motivation is out the window.

2 Likes

I would have liked to learn the piano. I took lessons for a little while. My daughter now takes lessons.

1 Like

I used to take piano lessons for a little while then my piano teacher died

i play piano and bass. rather than learn a new instrument i just wish i could master the more difficult piano technique and retain all the jazz theory that is available as well as being able to transcribe more efficiently. im pretty impatient tho so lately i just play a few songs but dont do any real constructive practicing

2 Likes

Harpsichord/cembalo

1 Like

Oh and he was such a good teacher. I wish I could have attended his funeral. He was in his 70s and used to repeat the same old joke every other lesson :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

jazz theory is bs imo…Is like when they teach you another language in school with the grammar and everything, and you end up not beeing able to speak, but you know a bunch of rules.

For me it has become a crutch because it makes me think in the moment of the performance instead of using my not that developed ears.

2 Likes

guitar and piano

1 Like

i mainly am interested in theory so that when transcribing by ear i can know what chords modes etc. are being used at any certain point in a song and apply it to see how it all intertwines and stuff and have better understanding of what is going on in the minds of the greats so that when im playing myself i can form my own ideas and sometimes play off of some of the concepts of what i listen to

1 Like

what pianist/bassist you like to transcribe? I´m guessing Herbie one of them because the impact he had on modern music…

1 Like

I can play drums. I would like to play the guitar though.

2 Likes

herbie is good yea but i mainly listen to bud powell’s stuff. something about the way he plays really appeals to me especially his solo work and its also interesting digging into his history and discovering he had schizophrenia

1 Like

also barry harris who’s playing is heavily influenced by bud powell

1 Like