Which meds help u the most for the cognitive sypmtoms?

risperidone/ zyprexa/ quetiapine/ clozapine / amisulpride/ etc , or even supplements like fish oil/ NAc/ zinc /vitamins ,etc , or benzo/ Antidepressants?

which do u find the most helpful for ur cognition?

or none at all??

2 Likes

Abilify, Rexulti and Vraylar.

1 Like

I could think easier and had more energy on Invega.

1 Like

I usually had bad negatives after my firsy episode and second. After my third episode and i dont have negatives anymore. Maybe risperidone was bad for me. I switched to haldol and i am working full time now.

2 Likes

I notice a big difference in my working memory and concentrating since I started taking fish oil. Itā€™s remarkable. I really recommend it to everyone in all walks of life.

1 Like

what meds are u on now?

it is amazing to work full time , u are great

are u on any other Aps as well?

1 Like

Yes, I take Saphris and Rexulti

1 Like

For memory supplements like phosphatidylserine soy version, omega 3 fatty acids etc. For improving emotions, sleep, energy, reducing depression, anxiety etc zinc useful. May be zinc deficiency linked to many cognitive issues and supplementing might be improving it donā€™t know.

1 Like

Loxapine, benztropine, and Celexa

1 Like

Latuda and Vraylar. Others like Risperdal and Abilify helped too.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got some fish oil capsules that I havenā€™t used for ages . Theyā€™re best before March 2020. I canā€™t say with any great certainty that anything,prescribed or OTC, has made a positive difference cognition wise.

1 Like

Throw them out, fish oil is bad when expired, it becomes acidic and smells bad.

1 Like

For the young now, and yet to come, there is more recognition of cognitive issues than there ever was when I was a young person . That is a good thing. There is hope. In the mid 1970s, when I was first diagnosed, getting a sz diagnosis was the 'intellectual ā€˜kiss of deathā€™. .

My parents had a ā€˜Itā€™s a shame, he was so brightā€™ attitude about itā€¦

1 Like

Abilify, fish oil with lots of omega 3s, and vitamin d. I take vitamin d because I work nights and donā€™t get enough sun. Iā€™m a vampire sometimesā€¦haha

1 Like

For me it is a combination of Ziprasidone, Clozapine and Venlafaxine. But I have also found that my mind has recovered over time. Has taken a little while but slowly things are coming back.

1 Like

thank you 17737828

Iā€™m on abilify. My cognitive symptoms arenā€™t so bad. Iā€™m able to read and play board games and table top games.

1 Like

i canā€™t , i feel so emotionlesss and even though i read , i am reading but i feel like i am not reading , like not experiencing anything even though i know i am ā€œreadingā€ , just like what i left is ā€œpresenceā€ only

1 Like