Terrible memory and concentration?

Is poor concentration a negative symptom and if so what med/therapy is best to improve it?

1 Like

Check out this thread

1 Like

Pretty normal in sz. My pdoc has been shady on the issue of prognosis. The older term ’ Dementia praecox’ springs to mind.

1 Like

I think it’s a cognitive symptom

Its called “cognitive symptoms” in schizophrenia dx. You may increase your antipsychotic dose to fix it but it really depends on which antipsychotic you are taking as some antipsychotics help cognitive symptoms while others don’t.

1 Like

Phosphatidylsetine soy version and omega 3 are the best supplements for improving cognition. Can notice the effects within a few hours. Working memory gets better and thus reduces impulsivity which in turn reduces OCD like behaviours.

1 Like

Fish oil works really well to help. You can get it from your pharmacist ask your pdoc to prescribe it maybe your insurance will cover it, if not it’s pretty cheap through the pharmacy. I only pay like 3 bucks a month and it really has helped my concentration and working memory. I used to have a hard time balancing my checkbook even, now I can easily do it. I used to not be able to watch a show on tv now I can somewhat. I can now do math in head. Little things really, but they are nice.

1 Like

Definitely try phosphatidylserine soy version it improves working memory, alertness etc.

Omega 3 and phosphatidylserine soy version can be bought online with no prescription. I would recommend these, its both economical and effective.

For Phosphatidylserine: Doctor’s Best Phosphatidyl Serine, Gluten Free, Memory Support, 100 Mg, 60 Softgels. Make sure to pick the soft gel version and soy based. Sunflower version not effective though its priced more.

For Omega 3: NOW Foods, Omega-3 180 EPA / 120 DHA, Molecularly Distilled, Cardiovascular Support*, 100 Softgels.

1 Like

Concentration is so bad for me. I have BP1 w psychosis, schizotypal, generalized anxiety disorder. I don’t know which causes the concentration attention and processing problems

Yes. Absolutely normal for me – I can hardly remember anything and retaining knowledge is difficult it just goes along with the Schizophrenia

1 Like

These two supplements definitely try for improving cognition. Additionally if you have bipolar issues I have one more supplement to try its DMG. It greatly improves mood and reduces depression, anxiety etc. It also helps in oxygenating cells thus very useful for workouts and muscle recovery. Its an all rounder supplement with many benefits.

I’ll recommend Now Foods DMG brand. These are all self tested so you can guarantee it truly works.