Which is your scariest delusions?

For me its the delusion of grandeur.

Whats yours?

4 Likes

Delusions of reference for me.

4 Likes

Same with me @X_Y_Z. Delusions of grandeur.

2 Likes

I don’t have any delusions anymore but I used to think a group was out to get me and constantly poisoned me. I guess that was my scariest delusion.

4 Likes

Truman Show, baby!

4 Likes

I saw a hallucinations of ghosts and 3 reapers coming after me and I thought it was time for me to die

3 Likes

One time when I called an ambulance after thinking I was poisoned, I thought they were taking me to the morgue and were going to kill me. I would not allow the ambulance personnel to strap me down in the stretcher and when they took me inside the hospital, I jumped out of the stretcher. I had to talk them out of admitting me. I thought I had escaped death that night.

There is more to the story, but I don’t feel like getting into any more details. Good enough summary for now.

8 Likes

Wow, thats rough

3 Likes

That’s really something scary.
I get even scared when I see news when people take action on mentally ill people.
Who know is group sanity or individual insanity is insane.

2 Likes

Delusions of persecution. I’ve thought snipers were out to get me before. I’ve thought people were trying to get me to commit suicide. That was probably the scariest.

4 Likes

Tw. A few times I couldn’t sleep at night thinking that the creature from the alien movie is going to bust out of my stomach.

2 Likes

I don’t like to think about it, but the last time I was hospitalized about 20 years ago I thought my life was in danger and my soul was going to be destroyed, among many other bizarre ideas.
I jumped thru the nurses station window and ran to the back room. I was pissing in the corner of the room and rubbing the pee on my body when they took me down. I was strapped down for a couple of days and then had to lie in the seclusion room for another day before they let me out. I was out of the hospital a few days later.
That’s when I made up my mind to be med compliant forever and to make sure I always took my meds.

6 Likes

Trumanomatrix

T
R
U
M
A
N

4 Likes

From top of my mind

When an ambulance was called to pick me up,

I did not want to go in because I believed they were going to cut me into a thousand pieces with a scalpel.

3 Likes

one of the worst delusions is when the devil is possessing anyone at will.

It did mean that i could not trust anyone to be who i thought they used to be

for example, my brother who is my closest friend, his eyes would turn into the eyes of the devil whilst i was talking to him sometimes.

this led to me isolating in my room, out of fear and utter distress

4 Likes

At one point I thought people were reading my mind…makes for intense paranoia.
Now voices telling me horrible things, particularly about death and disease.

3 Likes

I used to think people could read my mind, that my house was being bugged. That some people werent human but were actually aliens. That people were tryng to poison me. I had a little truman show type delusion.

4 Likes

I remember when I was taken to the hospital once, and sitting in this waiting room,

I could hear an axe chopping things in the hospital room I was going to go into next. (me hallucinating).

I was scared, I believed they were going to axe me up.

I wanted to escape.

The voice even told me you need to escape the hospital or else my throat will close up until I can’t breathe anymore. Writing this is making me emotional.

I could start to feel my throat close up because the security were holding the door closed.

I also fancied the voice in a messed up way and was self conscious like hell.

3 Likes

paranoia is it for me

2 Likes

I haven’t had any real scary delusions apart from my husband trying to poison me, but the worst was believing that God was telling me I had to drink salt water to purge myself of sin.

I added about 3 tablespoons of salt to a cup of water and proceeded to drink it. I didn’t get very far before vomiting violently into the toilet bowl lol.

3 Likes