Which is worse schizophrenia or depression

Okay but that title of the thread is which is worse depression or schiz? I answered the question based on my personal experience dealing with both.

2 Likes

You had sza or unipolar depression? I think unipolar depression can be more severe in some cases but ECT can treat it sometimes.

I have schizophrenia never been diagnosed sza. I had severe depression at 17.

1 Like

If youā€™re talking about stigma in which is worse, then Schizophrenia beats everything.

At least depressed people can voice their pain.

I see every so often ā€˜coming outā€™ stories about depression on social media, where they have the courage to expose themselves on a very personal level.

Plus when mental illness is talked about in any form, they only really focus on anxiety and depression.

Sz needs some positive PR very badly.

I donā€™t think comparing these conditions in this way is valid

1 Like

I never knew what depression is bcz I have 0 emotions from severe negative symptoms, not bad and not good. Isnā€™t having bad emotions only worse than no emotions bcz youā€™re more suicidal? If its a hard question just not answer.

I was depressed for a while took an antidepressant felt better and went off it. I never feel good with schiz on aps. Its always a struggle.

1 Like

I misplaced my cupcake, hate that

Itā€™s super subjective. My voices can make me incredibly depressed sometimes. Iā€™ve had debilitating depression and paranoia/delusions/psychosis. Personally Iā€™d say schizophrenia interferes with my life more so I would consider that ā€œworse.ā€ But again itā€™s personal.

I hope you find it.

1 Like

Whatā€™t worst is getting stuck in traffic on the way home from work.

I would take being psychotic over severely depressed any day, but I think thatā€™s for each person to decide. My paranoia is cranked up to 7-8 and Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m hypomanic, but Iā€™m a heck of a lot more productive than when I am depressed and donā€™t even have the will to get out of bed. Thats just me though, and I know a lot of people would choose depression.

Losing the will to live is worse for me than my paranoia or any of my hallucinations.

1 Like

Im cured. Ive put my mind back in sync. I was trying to impossible things with it again. Like, force things on my self, like personas of others. Because how ive been,isnt my real self. Really, i think it was that i got my christian friends to pray for me. No, im certain of that.

Itā€™s kinda like my counselor likes to say, ā€œHaving schizophrenia can make you depressed.ā€

1 Like

I heard untreated anxiety results in depression and untreated depression results in schizophrenia. Donā€™t know what types but if itā€™s trueā€¦

Schizophrenia hands down. No question, no competition.

Untreated depression does not lead to sz. But, it often leads to suicide.

Both are most likely damaging the brain.

I would take depression or even mild bipolar any day over schizophrenia and schizo affective disorder. I got depressive type and fast mood swings on top of mild Aspergers. At least depression has a better prognosis and has better treatment. People die from suicide from schizophrenia too. I cannot function. Even psychotic depression is better because psychosis goes away if depression goes away.

I get depressed too. Because I have insight. Im moderate functioning and was even told I was treatment resistant. Iā€™ve felt like I was insane or going crazy with dp/dr and panic attacks too.

I have a worse prognosis than bipolar type because Iā€™m never productive.

A lot of famous artists, celebrities, billionaires, and scientists have bipolar. Schizophrenia doesnā€™t have a lot of those. Only a handful. Even elon musk said he might have bipolarā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve never had depression so donā€™t know canā€™t say from a subjective point of view. Iā€™ve had terrible side effects from meds and they kept calling it depression though idk if it is the same thing.

OK I change my mind Iā€™ve had low grade depression for a very long time. Seeing as I donā€™t have much motivation since I was about 18