Where is the off switch on this mouth?

I have very little internal filter. If I think something, I accidently either act on it or sometimes I say stuff that is upsetting to others. I try not to, but it falls out of my mouth. I don’t always do the best job at thinking the consequences of my actions through. I always end up in odd situations due to my knee jerk reactions and my odd perceptions. I need to learn how to slow down and think stuff through better.

I accidently upset my parents over dinner this evening. They are pros about dealing with my odd thoughts but I think this one stung. I didn’t say it to be mean, I didn’t say to try and be hurtful. I couldn’t stop the thought from just falling out of my head.

It happens a lot when I’m getting tired and having a hard time concentrating on the conversation around me. I fixate on a thought in my head, and it becomes a need. The need has to be answered. I need to say it….

Do others have this tendency to just let their thoughts fall out of their mouth?

I try my best to analyze my thoughts before i speak, just because of my guilt feeling that i have, and i do that strictly for myself, i dont like living with guilt. I understand that this feeling is a part of my sz. Symptom. I never had that feeling when i was healthy, i even get angry at myself that i have that feeling.

2 Likes

I find myself popping off when I’m around people I like and am comfortable with but whom I am meeting for the first time. Just can’t resist trying to make an impression I guess.

1 Like

I’m just the opposite. I’m pretty quiet and soft spoken. I analyze my thoughts backwards and forward before they come out of my mouth.

I wish I was more out-spoken and talkative.

1 Like

my sister in law asked me what she thought of her figure, i have known her as long as my wife and she thinks of me like a brother !.
i saw the word in my head, i thought that it was a nice thing to say ! , i meant it as a compliment, but as soon as i said it, i knew i had said the wrong thing ! it didn’t go down well. i called her " chunky ". oooouch.
my wife told me because of that comment she joined the gym and has lost all the weight and is feeling good about her self now, but i cringe every time i think about it ! so " yes " words spill out of my mouth .
take care

1 Like

I open my mouth and words come out. I don’t know what I’m saying, and when I’m finnished don’t know what I just said.

1 Like

I had a lot of those moments, I just say sometimes what I feel like saying, and sometimes they are cruel words but they only come in defense, but the thoughts are so worth it to be heard…I have noticed a weird thing though, I don’t hear voices except rarely when I go to sleep, but the those words that push them selves out tend to push really hard and I try to stop it, it loops in my head and I start hearing a voice saying it, my voice, and because it’s my thought anyway I end up saying it…it doesn’t happen all the time though but I have noticed it, few times, the thought becomes hunting and annoying, I say it and then start apologizing lol I was defending my thoughts.
I don’t have a week personality, I stand up for my self and others who need it, I say what I feel like saying and I try hard not to hurt anyone in that, it took me a long way to be that person and away from a schizo behavior (cold and conservative in thoughts), I think that your personality is growing out from sz, I think it’s a good sign :smile:, the outcomes of those words will be easier to deal with later in the future.

1 Like

This is exactly what my head goes through. It gets to the point where it’s like a pressure build up. Round and round it goes… Sometimes I blurt out this thought long after the conversation has moved on. So it comes of as strange, a bit mean and completely random.

1 Like

I do this a lot. Say things that automatically just come out. My intentions are good, and I never do it to be mean. I this could be a symptom of sz - not sure though.

1 Like

In my case it’s like my mouth switch got switched off and then the knob broke.

1 Like

yes, i will always try and say whatever is on my mind as long as i am being honest and true and it is not hurting anyones feelings, only things is that not everybody agrees with my point of view and that can be very tricky lol.

1 Like