Schizophrenia.com

The thoughts inside your head

Do you find you can not help but express them or are there some thoughts that you can manage to keep to yourself?

Sometimes I say things trying to shock people into changing their behavior towards me. Most often it backfires. I’ve learned to be circumspect in what I say around mental health professionals. Sometimes I have powerful feelings that I want to get out. Sometimes I think - “Well, okay, I’ll just be an ass.”

Sometimes I say radical things trying to get people to change their behavior towards me. It usually backfires. I’ve learned to be careful what I say around mental health professionals. Sometimes I think - “Well okay, I’ll just go ahead and be an ass”.

Lol, when I read this topic I thought: “What about mind reading (or thought broadcasting). That’s gotta be an expression of thought beyond control in it’s most basic form.”

But under normal means, I keep pretty much everything to myself…unless manic, then my thoughts are pretty much linked to my mouth. Lol: DMA (direct mouth access) (DMA is a computer term for Direct Memory Access without requiring the CPU to intervene. The techies here will get that one.)

I go through phases of managing to keep my mouth shut and then something will set me off and it’s DMA as well.

I’m trying to find a way to let off the pressure little by little instead of hold all back… and then pour it out at 1:00 a.m. during a panic attack.

It also depends on the situation. During large family gatherings there is so much happening and so much hitting me, it’s hard to keep my internal filter up.