Where does paranoia come from?

Will they ever have more specific meds that treat paranoia specifically?

1 Like

Abilify has helped mine a lot.

1 Like

I’m not actually paranoid now but I feel it back there. Its the last symptom that I’m fighting between myself and getting my sanity back. I don’t know maybe it will never come back completely.
How I miss myself before the psychosis. I really took being normal for granted. I’ve even lost the ability to hate on people which I used to get so much pleasure from.

1 Like

I’m not actually paranoid now but I feel it back there.

My meds took a lot of things from the foreground and put them in the background, and I’m grateful for that.

1 Like

Maybe someday they’ll have meds that nip it in the bud. I’m tired of having to fear the impossible

1 Like

Abilify and risperidone both eliminated my paranoia. Paranoia is a positive symptom and antipsychotics should be treating it. If your AP is not treating it you need a new one.

2 Likes

I found that my paranoia was closely liked to my anxiety. lexapro stopped the paranoia And it is an anti depressant.

1 Like

For me it comes from the evil demons under my bed and in my closet.

For me, medication has let me function to an extent, but I am still symptomatic, I still experience voices and i still see spies and shadows, I still fear leaving the house, even to go in the garden. The thing that helps me most is using cbt techniques, i will do evidence for my belief and against my belief *although I usually need help with evidence against. It brings the intensity down.It took a lot of persistence but I begin listening to the evidence against more now.

I had very, very bad paranoia all of my adult life. For over 30 years. Then, my pdoc put me on three different AP’s: Risperdal Consta 37.5 mg injectable every two weeks, Geodon 240 mg every day in divided doses, and Seroquel 200 mg every night. This combination got rid of my mindreading and paranoid thoughts that plagued me for years and years. I highly recommend this regimen.

1 Like

Loxapine killed most my symptoms but I had some work stress paranoia.

Started 50 mg Zoloft seems to be helping with the remaining paranoia.