When to give up on life?

I did fight i have fought ive been fighting. Do not ever stop fighting

2 Likes

This is probably the best advice here on this thread. I’ve been struggling with negative symptoms too recently to be honest. I don’t seem to get much pleasure out of anything anymore. It sucks. They’re probably going to up my anti depressant but that isn’t going to suddenly give me a meaningful life. I think it’s kind of up to us what we do with ourselves. If we want to lay around we can do that. If we want to fight and be active we can do that too. What do you want from your life? If this isn’t it then you have to do something to change it. Nobody can change it for you or make you motivated. But if you want the rest of your life to be like this then go for it.

I’m all about the path of least resistance but when doing nothing creates misery then its time to put in a little bit of effort to do something. You’ve been here a long time though and you’ve probably tried everything, but just know i find it difficult to get motivated too. I guess what I want to say is that we can always make excuses, but sometimes we have to push ourselves even if it is uncomfortable. Hope you feel better…

2 Likes

Listen, @Aziz . I was just like you.
But now I have no negatives.
Trust me, have faith and confidence,
and everything will be fine.
Years ago when I was suffering
from negatives, I was desperate.
I said “there are no meds for negatives,
I will pass my life on this couch”.
But it changed.

5 Likes

Man, when I first got ill, I was psychotic as hell and had every reason to give up. But if I would have given up I would have missed out on a hot, 32 year old blond named Candy, lol.

2 Likes

It’s great to hear from you again @Aziz ! I hope you heal quickly from your flu. It sucks to be ill.

We have a chronic illness so I would just try to settle in and make the best of it. Coffee in the morning, a walk in the afternoon or your equivalent. You seem to be social with your family so you have that too.

I think the key is to adjust your expectations and adapt.

Good luck!

5 Likes

I only go outside to walk to the clubhouse five days a week and when we go to town once a week. The rest of the time I spend in my room. I’m not too uncomfortable like that. Sometimes I feel like I just as soon would not have any human interaction, but I know I get warped from too much solitude. I need at least a little human interaction.

4 Likes

I was giving up on life after I was hospitalized for a second time. At that time I was 30 years old and weighing in at 198lbs (90kg). The 2nd psychiatric hospitalization was the first instance I was forced to receive injections of Anti-psychotic medication. For the next 7 years I did nothing and gained 130lbs (60kg) which I will add was one of the darkest times of my life. Until I was admitted to the hospital for Type 2 diabetes did I change. Don’t wait until a life threatening medical condition to change. Change earlier if you can. Thoughts & plans of suicide can be halted; however life threatening medical conditions cannot. I have been receiving Anti-psychotic injections for the past 12 years now probably because my profile states I am a danger to the public if not medicated. Right now I work and am losing weight. Getting back to below 200lbs and being with a woman will be a long and difficult journey but I would rather do that than consider the alternative.

Take life a step at a time.

3 Likes

I think that’s crazy. There are a lot of alternative doctors. It’s not medicine or what you need, if it makes you worse.

2 Likes

maybe you should get in touch with an old friend.
it’s pretty easy to do these days.
I never had that luxury
of a cell phone or internet
when I was young.

1 Like

I still don’t understand why you didn’t try rexulti.

1 Like

@Aziz, you sound very depressed. Are you able to take an AP? Can you get telehealth or online counseling? Your life doesn’t have to be over.

3 Likes

I found weight loss REALLY helped me.

Don’t give up Aziz :sunny:

We all like you here

1 Like

My Drs won’t prescribe it, they said it will cause the same problems as Abilify.

1 Like

Thanks all!

4 Likes

My Drs say I am not depressed so they refused prescribing ADs. I tried 5htp supplement which is a natural AD as effective as ADs increasing serotonin and it just made me worse, more tired, insomnia, etc

1 Like

Do you feel like everyday is as bad as the last? Or are some days better than others?

1 Like

Its not that there is better days but in the morning I am able to ignore my sz a bit by sleeping, eating, music but usually after 7pm it catches me this thinking about my future, my sutuation in bed, my bad physical and mental health etc I don’t think there is a way to always ignore reality.

1 Like

Never give up. I found that when I changed my habits for the better and started to have more positive thoughts and doing some good things for other people that my life changed for the better, slowly but surely. It can get better but we need to move things in the right direction.

4 Likes

I think about giving up on life and im completely functional. I feel trapped into working even though im disabled. You could relieve your negatives but your problems wouldnt be solved, you would be functional but disabled. I would like to not work but ive been there and life is really boring with nothing to do. I accept that everyone is trapped in this world with homelessness and failure and illness and whatever threatening them. Its hard to do but just try to keep a positive frame of mind.

2 Likes

I am on the edge of giving up completely.

Have been off work for 5 months now.

Not sure how easy it will be to get back into a working pattern again

2 Likes