Whats the worst thing about having scizophrenia for you?

Mine is what I lost. Was doing pre med, looking after my son,had good friends, a car , a home and nice possessions not to mention my respect from everyone around me. Its all gone because of being so ‘unwell’. :frowning:

28 Likes

People not believing me…about anything.

18 Likes

Yes I totally get you on that one

5 Likes

Sometimes some have even doubted I actually have schizophrenia…well schizo-affective to be honest but it still has symptoms of schizophrenia. It just borderlines with severe depression for me.

6 Likes

My medical team all have different opinons on me and my family say that im just being silly when i talk about things i believe or hear or see.

5 Likes

I was symptomatic since my late teens… !!! i never new what a normal feels like !!! I lost every thing as normal.friends,fun, adventure,job,relationship,life all gone shewwww…i still hope some day effective cure will come so that i can enjoy my life again…!!!

14 Likes

yeah, I lost a lot too. the worst thing about my paranoid sz is being too paranoid to communicate with my own family or enjoy time with my brother as much as I would in my pre-sz days

9 Likes

I too also get quite paranoid around close ones I always think they are wanting to kill or poison me

4 Likes

Mine is the suffering that comes with symptoms.

I have lost a lot but generally don’t feel too sad about that, when I have a flare up it’s like a living hell so that is the worst bit for me.

10 Likes

Yeah thinking about it I definitely would say the suffering is equal to my first post :frowning:

6 Likes

Social life, and the state of mind of insanity is a doozie

7 Likes

Alogia: barely being able to talk

Amotivation: everything i do implies suffering

Blunted affect: i barely have emotions, i cannot cry, although i’d really want to

Anhedonia: nothing brings me pleasure, i have no desires, no interest. ( I have to pretend to enjoy watching tv otherwise I do nothing and my parents do not accept that I do nothing)

The psychiatrist and my parents think I should use my willpower to feel better… They don’t understand how bad my problem is… I think about suicide a lot

18 Likes

I too am chronically suicidal because of the distress of positive symptoms and cognitive ones especially some negative.

5 Likes

I have taken my wife’s husband away. That is the worst. It is worse than the depression and occasional fear that I feel, or the inability to do the things I used to. She doesn’t blame me, but I do. Some days I come home and I just cry to her and tell her I’m sorry.

11 Likes

Intense periods of paranoia, self doubt, and unexplainable fear.

Also just generally being very anxious around people and not feeling like I quiet fit in anywhere or that people like me.

Living at home, not working, wishing I had the life that you would expect a 26 year old to have. Lack of social life and loneliness.

9 Likes

i hate how it holds me back from doing certain things like having a job, a wife and kids, a house and everything really, its like a ball and chain.

11 Likes

My worse thing is peeing all day long from meds

3 Likes

Avolition; losing control of my thinking; auditory hallucinations; paranoia; asociality; alogia; erotomania;

8 Likes

@martinhersey1 welcome back my friend…How are U…???

1 Like

I lost my ability to speak and I don’t think it will ever come back.

4 Likes