Whats the percent of disability you feel you got?

How do even one realize ?
My doc said I am at 50 % ?
Is’t that too high, :thinking:
I feel I am fine may be 30 or 25 %
But yes i dont do anything productive.
All I know, these days I dont cook, dependent on parents on everything, and i talk here as though, i am doing it all right :disappointed_relieved:
But I feel fine, or there is really something wrong?
Which I dont realize ?

2 Likes

My disability is probably high but not cognitively. I would rather be disabled and sane than crazy and not disabled.

2 Likes

I think Drs compare you to the standard not mentally ill, independent, having a job, etc

My doc spoke to my parents and my mom bust into tears, i asked here whats wrong, she said she felt to cry :cry: and did not say much.

1 Like

My parents used to cry when I was in psychosis or in mental hospital. But now they don’t anymore as they say I am much better now on meds. I still think that they prefer me to be independent and having a job but I do what I can.

1 Like

Oh ok, i feel what i am doing is right, just sitting at home, doing nothing. But what you said is true, its hard for me to interact and have a conversation, and be independent far from having a job.

1 Like

Like I can’t work as I get stressed too easily then it’s paranoia. Otherwise, when the stress is low, I function pretty well but it’s still way different to most people. I had a chat with my shrink yesterday and he is reluctant to put me on a disability program as he says I’m not that disabled in the scheme of things…Still live differently to most.

3 Likes

My psychiatrist says that I’m higher performing than many neurotypicals and me listing all the things I do makes her feel tired. My cardiologist greets me with, “you’re not dead yet?”

It’s a mixed bag.

2 Likes

Yes I am been assigned for vocational training by the doc, should go next week. Dont know how its gonna be?

1 Like

Haha

"What doesnt kill you makes you stronger. "
I recollect this, i think its from a song.

You are truely a high performer. Imo too

It probably makes me more stubborn. Not sure about stronger.

1 Like

Here the disability committee
diagnosed me with 67% disability

3 Likes

They never gave me a % here but they told me to quit university.

2 Likes

You know what my neurologist said to me? “Oh, have you fallen yet? That’s what’s going to happen soon.” and I was like, “No, I haven’t fallen yet.” and he was like, “Oh okay, so it’s going to get worse from now on.”

Yeah, that was the entire appointment! :joy: :joy:

1 Like

This is entirely too familiar.

Yeah, apparently it comes up in every single neurology appointment I go to.

2 Likes

I did that too, before moving to where I am now.

1 Like

They declared me +66% disabled. That’s what you need to get benefits.

But I have gotten slightly better so maybe working will work.

2 Likes

I get all of it at the moment, but with one I am entitled to the higher payment but waiting for them to process the review - which could take months!

1 Like

The VA rated my disability at 100%. For life. I will never have another review. Permanently and totally disabled.

2 Likes