Schizophrenia.com

What's the most pull ups you've ever done?

The most I ever did was 13. I think pull ups are a great measure of how physically fit you are now or once were.

I was also thinking about taking a protein supplement and not working out. Will it do anything?

1 Like

17 pullups was my high. to start I did 5 sets of 5. then I started doing 5 sets of as many as I could do.

at the gym there are guys who can do a lot of pullups. i’ll watch em rip off 30-50 reps. my brother was a fitness freak and he would always one up me when we worked out together…he could do about 50…he was in the military though

as far as the protein supplement i did see some muscle definition with just a diet change not protein powders but lots of veggies

1 Like

Some branches of the military have 20 as a perfect pull up count.

The wider your grip is the harder the pull up is.

1 Like

Went to the gym today for the first time in months. Was on the treadmill for 15 mins. Was so dizzy right after I almost fainted. Didn’t do any pull ups though, but I think I can do probably 10.

1 Like

I couldn’t do one pull up now. You gota keep trying I guess. I’ve given up.

I think I did 3 sets of 10 ages ago. But not seriously. Just to see. Either 2 or 3 sets. I was underweight at the time so it would have been easier I assume.

So you didn’t train for it all @Qwerty? That’s pretty impressive. My body type has never been like that.

No. But I have always been athletic. And I was very active at the time. I used to go to the gym. But not pull ups.

When I was in shape, like 20.

You soccer players(I’m guessing) have a lean body type.

What types of veggies?

I have a weak upper body. Max I’ve benched when I worked out was 1 rep of 215 lbs.

I have strong legs though.

1 Like

I did 92 push ups in a row in the military. I was doing them the wrong way. The most correct push I’ve done is about 76.

I think 30 was my max for push ups. I could do lots of sit ups though. Dont they require 50 push ups or something? My best was the run. I took their pe class in college… I dropped out.

well it was after a few months, one day i noticed i was getting some definition without working out.

i was eating lots of salads (kale romaine) cabbage, bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, actually i didn’t do much broccoli as it gives me gas. also lots of potatoes, yams, sweet potatoes. carrot juice. green peas and lots of beans. also i consumed lots of frozen berries and kiwifruit

It’s somewhere around 50. It gets lower the older you get. You were in a military PE class in college?

Yes as a civilian. Rotc. …

1 Like

Thanks @yaz1 I’ll keep it in mind.

So were in ROTC or just the PE class? What branch of the military?