What's the lowest dose of antipsychotic you've been on and worked?

Good evening.

I was wondering what the lowest dose antipsychotic anyone has been on and had effect?

I seem to get effect from 1mg Haldol. I guess there is no need to take more if I don’t need it…

4 Likes

The lowest therapeutic dose for abilify is 10mg, and that’s what I’m on and it’s keeping me stable.

2 Likes

I used to be fine on 40mg Geodon, which is a sub-therapeutic dose. But then I hit my head. Now I’m on 80 :pensive:

1 Like

I figure I could go down on my abilify but I don’t wanna risk it. I’m on 20 mg but I think ever since I started naltrexone it works as a compliment to counter psychosis and I can go down on abilify. I was on 25 mg abilify at one point but that was just because I was suffering from hppd I believe. And naltrexone gets rid of hppd. I’m still schizoaffective, it’s not just drug induced psychosis, but drugs made my psychosis worse and I needed a higher dose.

1 Like

Haldol is very potent so I can imagine a relatively low dose still helps

1 Like

I’m on 15mg of aripiprazole and it’s working.

1 Like

I’m on 10 mg of prolixin (fluphenazine) and I don’t even feel like I’m on any meds. I love it.

1 Like

10mg of zyprexa

1 Like

Everyone is different and my needs change, when I get to stressed I need a high dose or i go over the edge and other times I’m fine on a lower dose.

1 Like

the lowest dose of meds I have been on that has helped was the first time I was on risperidone I was on 2mgs.but the doctor I saw out of the hospital took me off of it and put me on fanapt. but about a year later I went to a different pdoc and the pdoc put me back on the 2mg and it didn’t help anymore I was extremely paranoid and delusional thinking what happened on an episode of south park came true.

2 Likes

10 mg loxapine pretty sub I think.

1 Like

i’m on 2 mg abilify.

I don’t even know how I’m suppose to feel at this point. No positive symptoms, but I feel very non-energetic and still have a hard time concentrating. I think it acts more of a mood stabilizer than anything.

3 Likes

I took abilify 15mg was the highest dose I took. It did nothing but mess with my metabolism. I put on 23kilos. After 2 years I stopped. Risperdal did nothing either, and Seroquel just knocked me out.
I also considered Fluphenazine as it is in the phenothiazine family, since Trilafon is a nice one for me too.

Haldol seems to do the trick at a low dose, better than any of the new medicines I tried.
Thank you for all of your answers, I appreciate the input from others :slight_smile:

1mg of INVEGA. This is below the therapeutic dose and is working well for now.

1 Like

I used to take 2mg of Invega and it worked for a number of years.

Are you sure you don’t mean 20 mg?
@houseofstark

How long did it work for if you don’t mind me asking?

Same as @everhopeful, abilify 10mg has worked for me.

2 Likes

I’m on 4MG of risperidone. I’m hoping to go down to 2 soon. We will see how it goes.

i take 200mg amisulpride which is a very low dose and recently halved my anti anxiety med but i may need to up my ap a bit now, thinking about it anyway.