Schizophrenia.com

What's the longest?

What’s the longest you’ve gone without being admitted to a hospital? Had this question asked to me by my ex. I’ve been in and out not to much I think I would like not to go back but sometimes I feel like I need to go.

Psychiatric hospital Oct 2018.
Medical hospital more recent.

1 Like

So you managed to stay out a year that’s pretty good. I’m hoping to stay out of there but sometimes I feel like I need to go.

june- september 1974

1 Like

How in the hell did you manage that excuse my french

1 Like

I haven’t been to the mental hospital since 2017.

Last year I had a depressive spell that almost sent me back, but my nurse practitioner prescribed me an antidepressant that leveled me out enough to keep me out of the hospital.

Sometimes I get the feeling I should go back, just to get my meds adjusted in a safe environment, but overall I think I’m fairly stable these days and can probably have those changes made on an outpatient basis. For now anyway, lol.

2 Likes

Perseverance @Sleepy, constant therapy, resilience, sleep, not having to work much, living with parents. But I had a job and moved out to the school of hard knocks and did well. But then got put in my place and lost everything. I got strong and tried again a lot of times. Good family and just plain suffering. I got kicked out of Day Hospital and found they couldn’t help me anymore.

1 Like

About 2.5 years.

1 Like

25 years. Yep, that’s right.
In 1990 I was hospitalized several times probably partially due to my drug use and stress. They were only 2-5 days each.

Then I stayed out but in 2015 my mom died. The stress of driving 150 miles by myself to see her last days was pretty bad. But I would do it again any time in that situation. I got back but just two days later I felt suicidal and my ex-brother-in-law drove me to the psyche ward. He had entered the picture when he married my sister in about 2008. This was long after my most tumultuous years when crisis’s were common. So he had never seen me in bad shape so I don’t know if this last time freaked him out or not. So yeah, it was only for two days.

2 Likes

Wow that would be amazing if I made it the long. I haven’t made it a year I think since my diagnosis without being admitted. 2012 to 2019. I want that to change. But sometimes it gets bad and I feel like breaking down and going in.

2 Likes

2 almost 3 years in a couple months. this is my longest time staying out of hospital, since I was diagnosed.

4 Likes

Last time I was in the hospital was early 2011. I will probably never be in the psych ward again.

2 Likes

I haven’t been hospitalized since 2012. Don’t plan on going back.

4 Likes

It is over 4 years since I was last in a psychiatric hospital.

I don’t intend to return.

3 Likes

I spent all of march 2018 in hospital. Was my first trip and so far my last

2 Likes

If you ever want to talk about Moms, PM me.

1 Like

Hooray for you, hon. I’m working on staying out, too.

2 Likes

8 Years since my last section, with no intention to return. I have to be near dying to even go near an A+E Department these days.

The focus now here is community based treatment - so your more likely to stay at home with a Crisis Team visiting you daily if your psychotic. And that suits me fine.

2 Likes

I’m out of hospital since february 2017, and that’s my longest time.

1 Like

I was diagnosed in hospital in 2016. Ever since then I have not gone back. Although last year winter time, they did suggest I go back or have the crisis team visit me regularly, I went with the crisis team

2 Likes