How long have you kept out of hospital for?

Hey guys as above, it is nearly 11 years since i have been in hospital last, i went in to start on clozaril, thoughts?

4 Likes

The last time I was hospitalized was the Fall of 2008, twelve and a half years ago. I’ve taken Zyprexa and Risperidal, and have been on Abilify for a year.

1 Like

It’s about 1.5 years since I’ve been in a hospital, hopefully it stays that way :slight_smile:

1 Like

38 years. It’s unlikely I’d have managed that without my wife and then my stepdaughter.

2 Likes

Hi SeanIreland

It’s been 2016 when I got chucked there twice in two months.

2 Likes

2011 or 2012 i can’t remember. They don’t give me the admission and discharge papers I applied for, under the freedom of information act. I had 8 or 9 rounds of ect’s and I realised they can’t or are not willing to help me. Thanks I still got a few friends and still communicate with my family. By all means I have rights to formal helps like overseas pensions and the ndis. I don’t even want to ask for help anymore to avoid a illegal labotomie.

Over 7 years for me.

It’s been about 18 years since I was hospitalized for psychosis. I probably should have went in a few times, but I stuck it out

Been out 21 years now.

Four years in October.

The meds help

My last hospitalization was in 2014. The county mental health doesn’t put me in like the private drs I went to before. I used to be in hospital constantly. It was frustrating. I’m glad the county mental health lets me stay home now

I was last hospitalized in March of this year.

2014 was the year of my psychosis and all 3 of my hospitalizations. Around this time actually April to June, long ago now ,but I sometimes relive it like it was yesterday.

I’ve been out of the hospital 6 years now. That’s a record for me.

I started Amisulpride 800mg 3 years ago, and I have been hospital free that whole time

My biggest fear is that it will just stop working, or give me worsening side effects

Time will tell

Since October will ne er go back

My record was 25 years from 1990-2015. Had a slip and spent a day and a half in the hospital in 2015 and now it’s been 5 1/2 years.

7 years for me. Don’t want to go back

One and a half-ish years

About 2 years but I wasn’t med compliant back then

1 Like