What's a cure for real thought broadcasting

I want this to be gone asap so I can move on with my life anyone know what causes this and what a cure is I’ve been on 10mg olanzapine hasn’t worked and ability 15mg also hasn’t worked what works for you and is yours real and how’d you get rid of it anyone’s answers are really appreciated

2 Likes

It took quite awhile but eventually clozapine helped me.

4 Likes

For me acceptance. I learned to not care and accept it. But meds help relax me and calm me.

3 Likes

When I thought I was broadcasting my thoughts the quickest way for me to calm down was simply asking that person “someone close to me” what was on their mind and 10/10 of the time it had nothing to do with me or what I thought I was broadcasting to them.

2 Likes

Did it ever go away? And how long if so

Did it yours ever go away

2 Likes

A while. I still have some effects.

1 Like

Yes within a few months on clozapine

1 Like

Is that all you take really appreciate the response

2 Likes

Of thought broadcasting or hallucinations and stuff, really appreciate the response

1 Like

In 2015, I thought people could read my mind. First time I had such an experience. I had really bad paranoia. I also thought I could predict or read people’s minds too. It was bullcrap. I still have residual effects. I learned to accept that it’s possible, but not likely, and that it doesn’t matter.

I also thought I could hear people talk about me from far away distances.

1 Like

I also take zoloft and lamotrigine

1 Like

I’m in the same boat man I only feel like I can read their minds some of the time and just about bad things

2 Likes

Do you think it was the Other meds helped or just clozapine

2 Likes

Do something relaxing, take a bubble bath or go out for a walk, listening to music, I take clozapine too.

1 Like

I accept it too. It doesn’t bother me, I’m used to it and I just do it naturally but in 39 years only one person could tell and he was a fellow schizophrenic and addict.

We both went to AA and I knew the guy for years though we weren’t close. He was a funny guy who had been in prison and he announced at most meetings that he had paranoid schizophrenia and he would make light of it and joke around about it and make everybody laugh. He was huge. He was about 6’ 5" and probably around 250 lbs.

He knew I was schizophrenic somehow but it was no big deal but one night at a CA meeting he said to me, “You think people can hear your thoughts.” It freaked me out. I was in my thirties at the time and I had been diagnosed at age 19 but I never had consciously realized that I suffered from that. I had heard of thought broadcasting but I never realized that I did it until he mentioned it. But life went on and nothing changed and I still have it but it really doesn’t distress me or get in the way of anything.

1 Like

Did yours go away or no? Thanks for the input

1 Like

So he could read your mind then? And for me my head ■■■■■ with me it comes up with all sorts of bad things to say about people and just screwed stuff in general

1 Like

I don’t know how he knew. He just did.

1 Like

I’m on 10 mg zyprexa and I don’t have this problem. It’s really easy to talk me out of stuff like this because it’s so blatantly impossible for people to read your mind. I wish I could convince other people because this seems like a rough symptom for some, but I don’t think anything I could say would change your mind.

I stopped believing in it after a couple years of treatment.

1 Like