What was your experience in jail/prison?

What was it like when you were in jail/prison?

1 Like

Pretty glum. It was like a depression camp. They tell you when to wake up, where I was we had to work, moving chickens or food or doing laundry. Makes you appreciate the little freedoms we do have out in the real world.

3 Likes

Thankfully never been there. Hope to keep it that way.

2 Likes

In Jackson, TN all the inmates spent most of their time lying in bed. A few would get up to play cards for a little while, but not for long. The population was about ninety per cent black. I spent about two months there, counting both times I was incarcerated. It wasn’t too violent in there because they kept the short timers away from the people headed to the penitentiary. The food was really sparse. Some days I think we got not much more than six hundred calories. All the guys who had any time at all wanted to go to some work farm. The food was more plentiful there, and they also got a lot of good time. In the Muskogee County Jail they kept me in isolation. I stayed there for one month on a public drunk charge. I never did get a trial. After I had been out on the street for about a week they picked me up on a “carrying a concealed deadly weapon” charge. They kept me in jail for two months with no trial on that charge. The deadly weapon was a knife. I never threatened anyone with the knife in any way. They picked me up with no probable cause. I’ve seen a lot of guys who were a lot more likely to use their knives walking around with no trouble with the police. One time I saw a guy pull a giant bowie knife out of his backpack. The food inside the Muskogee jail was a lot better than the food in the Jackson jail, but the inmates were a lot crazier. I think there was a lot of drug traffic inside the Muskogee jail. I was kept in isolation, so I didn’t see direct evidence of it, but I saw a lot of signs of drugs.

2 Likes

Never been there. I wouldn’t survive. I feel like impatient is a lot like jail for me. Hopefully, I’ll never go.

In parallel universes, I think I went to prison or psychiatric state hospitals. I have visions, memories, or whatever. I was brutally raped and killed in my past lives. It still haunts me to this day. I guess it’s a paranoid delusion.

1 Like

Ive been 2x… Always good food… First time i got my own cell with a tv and a shower (this is in Texas) and i watched Obama get elected… Secound time was in Georgia… They tried putting me with a roomate but i sat up and barked and howled all night till i passed out… When i woke she was gone…i think when my dad got me out i got admitted into a pscy ward but not sure…

I was arrested and jailed for DUI. Driving under the influence of psychotropic medications. No kidding! I spent an evening, night and morning in a county jail and it was pure hell. I was 55 years old at the time. It was a bare cell with only a toilet, visible to the public through a window in the door. No toilet paper either. A sink with only drips from the faucet. No drinking glasses either. A cement slab for a bed. No mattress or bed coverings or pillow either. And the cement slab was way too short. The temperature in the cell must have been around 62 degrees Fahrenheit. It was freezing cold and the cops take away your sweaters and jackets upon admission. The cops watch television all night long at blaringly loud volumes and this also interferes with sleeping. In the middle of the night, you get a hooker for a cell mate who is silent and soooo not interested in all of your complaints. And she is in and out of jail way faster than you. You are so confused that you can’t remember the PIN number to your ATM card to get money out of your bank to bail yourself out and you have no one in the world to help bail you out. And the cops are unsympathetic. And that is why I don’t drive anymore. Period.

3 Likes

I didn’t know that was a thing Gina. How did court go?

1 Like

Court was terrible. Always a million people waiting in long lines to go before the judge. And I had to go every month for like eight months.

1 Like

The toilets backed up and there was four of us in one cell. I planned a walkout bc of that. Lol. Lots of fighting. Lots of racism.

I did some hard time for 18 hours. I spent a day in jail back in '88 for a “failure to appear” over a speeding ticket. Those chain gangs are rough, I’ll tell you.

1 Like

I was in a holding cell for 30 hours once

1 Like

I’ve been to jail like 7 times now. most of it was when I got psychotic from using heavy amphetamines. I’m talking full blown MAXIMUM delusions. went to jail repeatedly in a short period of time.

went to jail again for sliding through a red light because a voice was telling me what to do. I drove 20 miles on a blown tire because a voice was telling me to.

I’m so used to getting tickets and going to jail i stopped caring. I’m sick of it.

don’t do drugs.
ever.

1 Like

I did two years in jail when I was in my early 20s

I have never been to jail, but I was driving erratically once (I was eating a very good sandwich), and was followed home by an off-duty cop. He had an on-duty officer come and question me, and I played dumb as to why I was swerving. They questioned me a lot about medications I was taking, but the only thing I admitted to was anti-depressants and blood thinners. I wasn’t about to tell them I was on diazepam, ambien, and APs and risk getting in trouble. They couldn’t get me on anything. I was scared I’d go to jail if I told them about my meds.

1 Like

Never been there, I don’t care about being locked as I think life there is not boring I mean they give you free food and you have your mates, I just wouldn’t like being raped

Yes it is boring there. Torture. Less intelligent people may not find it boring, but I would! I’m not sociable either which would make it boring!

In Canada they are allowed to buy video game consoles

1 Like

If I had a ps4 or Xbox 360 id never leave my cell

“less inteligent people” yeah you don’t sound very sociable, Einstein :laughing: