What was the first record/CD you ever bought?

Abraham,Martin, and John- Marvin Gaye 1st single
Woodstock triple- various artists 1st album

At 13 i was quite late into buying records.

3 Likes

2 albums, OMD and the soundtrack to the Mozart movie

1 Like

Fleetwood Mac Rumors

3 Likes

A brush with fame —

2 Likes

Fleetwood Mac is my favorite band of all time! And that album was awesome. There are at least 6 or 7 songs that I liked.

You have good taste in music!

Blessings,

Anthony

1 Like

Mine was Michael Jackson “Dangerous”, but I had recieved some mixed tapes before that form a friend.

1 Like

At age 5 my first music purchase was the Flashdance soundtrack. :dancer:

2 Likes

The first record I bought was “Take Five,” by The Dave Brubeck Quartet.

1 Like

I bought Led Zeppelin III album from a fellow student - bought it for almost nothing at the time

2 Likes

Robert Miles, but I forgot the name of the CD. I was 13 in 1997 I remember it was my very first CD. It had his tracks Fable, Children, and One on One on it.

2 Likes

I was 13 in 1997 too! That was the year I started high school. It was also the year I got sick. :sunny:

REM - Eponymous

The first I was ever given was a greatest hits of Michael Martin Murphy.

I have a small record collection. I have the Doors and some others. Wow, it’s been a long time since I’ve been through my record collection. Hipster sad face :frowning:

1 Like

Love the cranberries!

First cd was some Jars of Clay cd from a christian store.

The first record I bought was a 45, Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe. Spent a lot of time listening to it over and over trying to figure out which part Sonny was singing and which part Cher was singing. Still love that song.

I think my first album was either Lynyrd Skynyrd or Fleetwood Mac, can’t remember which one came first.

I have just about every R.E.M. studio album. There’s rumors that there may be a reunion down the road.

1 Like

At 12 years old-my first album was Led Zep`s Houses of the Holy…My 2nd album was the Partridge Family…go figure!

1 Like

I don’t remember I"m 42 must have been in my teenage years some heavy metal thing I"m embarassed to say.

it was a new orleans jazz band, can’t remember their name…i was 11.
take care

2 Likes

Hi lovemyson, you can check out Sonny & Cher performing on YouTube. Might bring back some memories.

1 Like

It was actually 3 all at once when I was 13…my Mom took me to the mall and bought them for me…
Deep Purple: Made in Japan
Alice Coopers Greatest Hits
Edgar Winter: They Only Come out at Night

later that year she got me Black Sabbath 1 and Aerosmith Get Your Wings…

and a loud Sansui stereo…

I then proceeded to drive her insane LOL…