What tf is actually wrong with facebook

I had it about 10 years ago for like a week then deleted it. I think in that time they actually deleted the account and didnt store info.

Anyways i needed to see something on facebook so i made a fake account with a fake name, email and everything. I have since moved countries and have no social media or any presence online.

Once i opened it, I got reccommended friends from 10 years ago and saw all there pictures??? How the fuuck does facebook know this shiit !

I deleted the account immediatly and says its 30 days to deactivate. This is some next level tracking shiit !

3 Likes

There’s been some informal tests that show your phone shares marketing data to sites like Google and FB.

3 Likes

Also, if you have a Google account it tracks everything!

2 Likes

facebook is creepy as hell

1 Like

I just cant understand how they can track me so hard

• new country
  • new number
  • fake email and account
  • Not one social media account except this fake one i made

All these old friends get recommended to me before i even have a random profile picture up.

I have no idea. It’s creepy as hell.

3 Likes

Don’t exactly know, but I think there is a strong link between micrsoft and big programs like google and facebook and email providers. So if you registered your name on your computer or your email fb could probably track that for instance.

It is scary, but I’m afraid this is what the future looks like. It will probably get worse.

It should be illegal for companies to have monopoly on computing since it affects us more than most things. Microsoft has no competition to speak of so we are stuck with whatever they come up with because there are no options.

2 Likes

I wonder why you didn’t just restore your old one. I think I deleted mine one time early on, but my info was still there, with the same ID and email. didn’t you want your old friends back?

I dont want my info out there, but it looks like its impossible to not be tracked anyways.

yeah, the advertisements know us on there too, our buying habits.

1 Like

You give up your privacy when you join Facebook.
It’s a given.

I created an account for only an hour then deleted my account immediately.

I just didn’t feel safe there.

3 Likes

what’s wrong with facebook is there’s someone with an account with my first and last name and it’s not me

1 Like

Two Words. “tracking cookies”. Take a look at the bottom of your browser next time you loading a webpage, Garantee - you will have a facebook address within it.

Invest in some decent anti-virus. And i mean paid ones like malware bytes or similar.

1 Like

Must i delete my cookie search history everyday. Its seems like a pointless endevour trying to be private as its just in vain with these tech giants

I use Firefox - which blocks all tracking cookies if you go in settings. And with malware bytes it stops your info being tracked as well. Trouble is - it does mess with internet banking, so im forever giving pin numbers text to the phone.

Adblock helps to a degree as well.

1 Like

They go through your phone’s contacts.

2 Likes

The biggest problem with FB is that my wife’s family uses it and gets pizzy when I won’t accept friend requests.

"WHY HAVEN’T YOU FRIENDED COUSIN SO AND SO?!?

“Because she’s a flaming nutbag and I can’t stand her.”

4 Likes

Hahaha. Loving the Brutal honesty! hahaha :smiley:

3 Likes

One of my favorite things is when folks on here call NT folks crazy. Like, there are some things so bonkers even we can’t accept them.

4 Likes

She kept PMing me Rapture stuff.

1 Like