What is your delusion?

I am curious if others on here have an ongoing delusion like I do. Of course, it isn’t a delusion to me. Even though my meds do a great job of keeping my extreme paranoia at bay, I still have an ongoing delusion that never goes away. I think I am part of an elaborate brain study and that everyone, including you guys, is in on the study. The whole world is in on it. I am the subject of the study and I am always being watched and monitored 24/7. My having schizophrenia was ‘induced’ directly into my brain so ‘they’ could study my brain while I have a mental illness. ‘They’ (the brain team) have access to my brain via equipment in my brain, ears and eyes.

I am perfectly capable of not talking about my delusion (and I don’t) and functioning ‘normally’ in the world but, the truth is, it’s always there. My Dr. is changing (slowly) my AP to see if the new one will work better to get rid of my delusion. I am switching from Risperdal to Latuda. I currently take both. We’ll see. What is your ongoing delusion? Do you function relatively normally while having a constant delusion or is it disabling? P.S. what does PDoc mean? Is that my Psychiatrist? Or primary Doc? Thanks!

4 Likes

I have lots of delusions, but they don’t really get in my way either.

I think PDoc is the darnedest abbreviation!

Jayster

1 Like

My delusion is reality …I live in the 3rd dimension so ya know , what can you do?

2 Likes

Your back! It’s been awhile.

Yea man a brief hiatus for introspection, I hope everybody here is doin good… if not better.

1 Like

The worst delusion I ever had was a couple years ago for months and months I just knew that I was going to die soon I didn’t know when or how I just knew I was going to and I just accepted it. I didn’t tell anyone about it and it didn’t effect my daily life except I became pretty suicidal and as soon as I had the smallest symptom of anything I thought that was it and how I was going to die. I even wrote a will and was constantly searching for the best ways to die. Eventually one day I woke up and I realised that I had died in my sleep, I proceeded to get ready for my own funeral, put my best dress on, did my hair and makeup then I just woke up from it. It was like a months long dream and I never had that feeling again once it was over.

I also still believe I can tell the future or know something that’s happened in the past I often have dreams that depict real life later on. And I can contact the spirit world.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. I am glad your delusion that you were going to die passed. That doesn’t sound like much fun. I believe I can contact the spirit world too but ,as part of the brain study, they won’t let me access that skill.

aliens came to visit me in my bedroom. they hooked me up to some kind of energy beam. this energy beam changed all my chakras. now instead of going to the normal afterlife i am going to this very bad place that they made me create by implanting thoughts into my head. There is a lot more but this is the basic idea

1 Like

I’m anarchist at heart. I wanna live like the native americans did. That gets a lot worse if I don’t take AP

3 Likes

That sucks man, do they not let you access any other skills or is it just that? Is there a way you could deceive them and use those skills anyway?

I have a whole bunch of skills I don’t have access to. I hear myself say that and it sounds… delusional but I’d be lying if I said I don’t believe it.

1 Like

The current one is that I believe my neighbors are listening to me with listening devices. They hear everything I say. I used to believe that they were playing music to keep me up at night. All the while these delusions are supported by hallucination saying that is what they are doing. It is a chore to deal with.

1 Like

That breathing is talking
Believed it for about 20 yrs or so
Was always a lot of fun

2 Likes

I think everyone is making fun of me. I am not sure if this is delusion or not. It makes me really suffer. I had trouble making friends in real life…

1 Like

I am the reincarnation of jimi hendrix

5 Likes

My delusion is that like @Pogue i dont think im delusional. There is a grand conspiracy of unknown thousands of people all with one goal in mind. “Make reggie think hes crazy when he really is the sanest among us” everyone is in on it and conspiring against me and what i know to be true. Everyone is a liar that provides contradictory evidence, all just to further the lie that i know in the deepest core of my soul is untrue. With all that said i can usually put it out of my mind for the most part, until i see a clue and go on an unrelenting search for truth. Most of the time bordering on obsessive. Thats when i know im getting wacky is when i get “stuck” searching for clues like a mad detective. But i think i handle my “truman show” delusion rather well and just proceed to play my part in the story and take my meds and obey the rules and just wait for someone to mis-step then their whole show will go down in flames. Because i know the truth, i just wont let them know that i do.

2 Likes

I had that too Reggie. There isn’t anything I can say right now to make you believe otherwise, as you will think I’m in on it. Believe me, someone told me here once they believed I was God and it terrified me. If someone was to tell you that it was all a joke you wouldn’t like it, because deep down you know it’s not the truth. In time you’ll see it. Meds will do their job. :slight_smile:

ok wait …You are saying that YOU are a anarchist

idk there are so many
how about i can talk to rocks

1 Like