Delusional theme poll

Sorry for my poorly made poll, Comment below if there is no category for your delusion.

What category does your main delusion fall under?
(The most common, the most persistent, the longest) which one is the big 0?

• Religious or Spiritual
  • being followed
  • Aliens
  • Goverment conspiracies
  • Delusions correlating to people
  • FBI related
  • Mind control
  • Delusions of reference
  • Persecutory
  • Thought broadcasting
  • bizarre/otherworldly
  • Guilt/causing suffering

0 voters

2 Likes

Hey, CJ - I’m editing your poll because you’ve made votes public, something that most people don’t see until they’ve already voted, and something that makes many people here paranoid and anxious.

4 Likes

Okay can you add a category

Bizzare/otherworldy

?

1 Like

Pretty much 100% spiritual. Even the ideas of reference and whatnot are spiritual related.

1 Like

deleted by Ridgerunner

1 Like

Didn’t mean to make a empty space, any way to delete it or

1 Like

Rhubot feel free to add more if you want maybe you can make a ‘other’ category as well.

1 Like

I stuck in my own delusion instead - delusional guilt, the idea that you’re causing people to get sick, suffer, die, that you’ve killed people or are responsible for tragedies.

5 Likes

Once 5 minutes have passed, it won’t let you change it anymore.

1 Like

I guess 'being watched’
should have also been another choice

My main delusion is several of those combined, I can’t really choose just one.

2 Likes

same,

I guess if there is one that really sticks out to you then choice that one.

Ya, my delusion is several combined. Mind control, being constantly watched/monitored, believing I am the savior, blocked from accessing my ‘superpowers’…

It’s like a buffet for me and I have a little of everything on my plate.

1 Like

Yeah I feel like I’ve been through the whole food line on this list as well.

But religious delusions/ a delusion about a person was a front runner for me.

1 Like

number one for me is mind control. I sincerely believe there are a bunch of scientists at the University of Washington in Seattle (Yes, I have a specific place) that have the ability to completely control my thoughts, feelings and actions. Sometimes they let me just do my own thing but they can, in a second, take over and I will be scared shitless, dancing down the street or harming myself or whatever they decide.

It’s really terrifying.

Yeah that does sounds terrifying,
Hopefully things smooth over overtime.

My main delusion is related to a friend who like knew god/ me being possessed by witchcraft/going to hell.

Well at least it isn’t deVry university.
(Bad joke)

2 Likes

I was just laughing about something I was thinking. My brother-in-law and me sitting at a table, like the one for the Mad-Hatter and the Rabbit. Music from Anthony Robbins’ “Giant Steps” audiobook was playing. We were eating nuts, with him passing some over to me across the table. He was singing along to the song, saying, “And-you-will-ha-ave-yo-ur-nuts!” I’m still laughing about it. It’s pretty funny lol.

2 Likes

Hahaha :smile:

Even though I am paranoid quite often, I still have a sense of humor about it. I really believe my delusion but I also have some insight. Whenever I drive (on I-5) past Seattle and the UW Medical Center, I think “Those bastards are only a few miles from here looking at me and my brain on their computer screens!”

I know I am crazy. Even though it can be painful, it’s funny.

I hope your delusion smooths over too. Sounds like a disturbing theme.

1 Like

The thing about delusion is that it’s not rooted in reality. It isn’t actually that way.

So do you think they are controlling your brain?

1 Like