What is With the Misogyny!?

Seriously, I’m getting really turned off by a lot of the incel type of posts. WTH is with that? I’m new, but I know for a fact it is happening.

8 Likes

You can flag posts. Flag this post to try it

3 Likes

I’m usually not a flag advocate,

But in this case,

I say flag anything that seems remotely misogynistic.

6 Likes

You’re not the only one. You’ll find we frequently have problems that pop up from time to time here. It’ll die down eventually. And we will absolutely not tolerate any incel-like posts here. Incels are not welcome (unless they keep all of that stuff to themselves, which I find hard to believe they would).

PS: If any of you get any offensive PMs, you can flag those too. It will give us access to the PM thread, but the other person won’t know.

5 Likes

Call it what u want. But it has to do with it being hard to find a partner when you’re sz.

2 Likes

Call it what you want?

Seriously?

You’re part of the problem right now.

3 Likes

Stay out of this for once goldenrex…

1 Like

Isn’t ‘Incel’ the kind of men who blame women for not wanting them, thereby making them “involuntairly celibate”, like they’re entitled to sex or something?

I don’t see too many posts of that kind here.
But I do see a lot of desperate posts by people who glorify relationships and put women on a pedestal like we’re some kind of mystical being that can’t be treated like a regular human and will cure all your problems.

4 Likes

It is when you’re schizophrenic in my opinion

1 Like

Can we at least try to be respectful towards eachother? This isn’t a gender wars forum, it’s a schizophrenia forum. @Jonnybegood hasn’t said anything outright misogynistic recently that I’m aware of, and I don’t think he is one at all. He has very few flagged posts, none of which were misogynistic, and he has been a member for a long time. But there have been other posts here that you haven’t seen, Gratitude, and I think the OP was referring to some of these.

2 Likes

Thanks for having my back treebeard. I don’t think I’ve said anything either. Nothing worthy of being called out that term incel or whatever. Or whatever gold Rex is saying

2 Likes

I don’t know what any of those words mean so I don’t have an opinion.

1 Like

whats an incel??

2 Likes

Whilst these forums shouldn’t be used for misogyny and it should be stamped on that’s a rather blanket statement. Some of us find making friends let alone making intimate connections with other people very difficult.
That should not however be an excuse for attacking /putting down women .

8 Likes

It’s a particularly disturbing kind of aggravated misogynist. They glorify and vilify women at the same time. They think they are entitled to sex, blame women for not liking them based on their physical characteristics - like attractiveness and race - all the while proclaiming to be “nice guys” and hating women for choosing “bad guys”. They’re also usually homophobic, transphobic and pro-violence. They have large online communities, and many disturbing murders were committed by people who identify as incels.

10 Likes

Well I’m not that way which is why I was offended when op made assumptions on it. That’s why I said “call it what u want”

1 Like

I don’t think she was talking about you. I know you’re NOT a misogynist.

Edit: Forgot the “not”… Sorry.

2 Likes
2 Likes