Irritating posts?

Whenever I’m irritated by someone’s posts I simply skip over it. I do this as easily as breathing. Someone said about reading posts that irritate them, “Why do people rubber neck at accidents?” I don’t think the analogy holds, but even if it did, a person has no right to be angry because he saw something disturbing when he gawked at an accident.

3 Likes

It was he who gawked in the first place.

@crimby

No.

The person in question is coming on to other people’s threads. So its not a case of what you describe.

Its very clear what’s happening.

It’s a public discussion forum. Anything posted is fair game for discussion. There are no guarantees you will like what people have to offer up for comment on your topics.

Pixel.

3 Likes

I don’t feel anybody on this forum “owns” any thread…

I have never cared about who posts on threads I start. My feeling is, ‘the more the merrier’.

3 Likes

Just to be clear, any threads involving photography or anime are mine.

Mine mine MINE.

So there.

Pixel.

4 Likes

NOOOoooo!! It’s MY thread!!!..

2 Likes

Oh, you so didn’t go there.

Pixel.

2 Likes

Yep…I went there pardner…

4 Likes

Phooey.

Pixel.

3 Likes

Where’s that idiot alien99? That guy gets on my nerves so much. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Avoiding answering emails probably.

Total slacker.

Pixel.

2 Likes

Getting back to TOP, here’s a nugget I learned from attending AA meetings, where at least half the stuff you hear every evening will cause you to leave crazy if you let it:

“Take what you need and leave the rest.”

Words to live by.

Pixel.

1 Like

I’ve noticed I have a tendency to be involved in the derailing of threads.

It is yes , but that doesn’t mean we can do what we want.

‘public discussion’? Sure thats what I’m doing…:blush:

Doesn’t solve much to quote that chestnut though.

1 Like

Shouldn’t be an issue if one stays within the site guidelines.

Pixel.

So how about them Royals?

OK , now we have this guy handing out book references to people who are sick, daimon for example such as ‘handling narcasistic parenting styles’ or something like this. To daimon ffs. Is that right? As if that dude isn’t primed enough as it is.

1 Like

Would you rather see people treated as individuals with the capacity for recovery or treated as hopeless and written off as useless? I remember which of the two I found to be more upsetting. Also, just because the info isn’t helpful to them now doesn’t mean it won’t be later on. I had to be exposed to some ideas for years before the notion sunk in enough that I could pursue and then actualize them.

Agreed that he presents particular challenges and associated expenses for increased Advil consumption.

Pretty sure he sees covens of witches in the weekly Walmart flyer. Don’t see how clinical info can make that worse. OTOH, I’m not sure what will help in that case.

My perception is that part of the problem is that people don’t always want support. Sometimes they come here to chill with people who understand the score and want to do so outside of a clinical setting. The problem is that the user in question is a walking clinical setting. He’s unable to switch it off and this is what is leading to conflict.

Maybe we need a forum here called, ‘The Lounge’. It’s where all of the off-topic stuff would go. Just being silly. And the main rule being, KEEP THE CLINICAL STUFF OUTTA HERE.

Thoughts?

Pixel.

4 Likes

Man I don’t want to argue with you, Tbh. There is a problem though.

‘Clinical’ ? This guy is given a highly impressionable individual a book based on outdated and pseudoscientific theories , and makes it sound ‘clinical’. Its unfortunate , what can I say…

6 Likes