Online harassment/ protecting this community

Everyone will agree that this is the most supportive, friendly, and cool community and we all want to keep such rare thing in online world…
Unfortunately, few of a female posters here were harassed and bothered just enough times to decide that those persons should be called out. ( after nothing else could assure them that disrespecting girl’s right to keep her privacy is unacceptable and very disturbing.)

Also, those particular posters un/intentionally promote misogynistic and sexist views.

So far, we think that posters catfish and nothernsky should at least be warned.
@shutterbug

9 Likes

We agreed on talking about this with the entire community, it’s a matter that everyone should have an opinion on and not discard it like it’s meaningless.

I’ve been harassed by catfish aka petester a lot of times and today he started harassing Anna10, he has been warned but keeps doing it. Others have been harassed by northensky aka danddolo multiple times, with him being banned multiple times because of it.

@SzAdmin, I think these members should be banned permanently. They don’t give anything of worth to the site and keep harassing other members.

1 Like

I just want to say that I should post this at meta section…and I’m ready for comments aimed to relativize things …such as ‘you’re not even sz’. :smirk:

My E-mail Has Been Hacked , ( Naught From Thus Syte ) but It Has Been Hacked … ,

My Advice Is Thus For You Beautiful Individualistic Femalues Out There ,

Keep Your Online Life Separate From Your 4 Dimensional Lyfe … ,

Yes , Connections Can Make You Feel Better During What Feels Lyke a Fun “safe” Connection but Privacy is Jus as Important … ,

So Build a Safety Wall of Sorts and Let Thee Authorities Know If Someone Gets Into Your Privacy In Any Way … ,

Jus My Personal Thot On Tha Matter …

3 Likes

I will…from now on.

( that is what I said the last time my ex posted inappropriate picture at girls bashing page. :unamused:)

But, back on topic. We don’t want to feel patronized, objectified, sexualized against our will nor we will tolerate misogyny in any form here. Because this was and should be the safe place for us all.

5 Likes

where do you get this authority bs from?

Not only that but saying that I have nothing to contribute?

and why would I harass people all of a sudden when I haven’t done it for years?

1 Like

Petester? Catfish? …obviously ive been here longer than you are aware of.

And whilie we are on the subject…THIS IS A FORUM FOR MENTALLY CHALLENGED .

Not a place for chicks to check in just so they can look down on people.

1 Like

While I understand that people are in stressful situations IRL, in my opinion that does not excuse the hostile behavior I’ve seen from certain members here. There is a lot of thinly veiled misogyny from a couple of posters. Talking about someone in a negative and disrespectful way while emphasizing their gender with negatively charged words like “chicks”, “vagina”, “bitch” and so on is not acceptable.

8 Likes

I can appreciate that but at the same time this has become a hang out by thoughs that are NOT SZ and, and with the dilution comes disrespect.

I meant to say thought proper.

That has absolutely nothing to do with a situation we’re discussing. You harassed me, and I’ve had enough of it. Your discourse and input makes it look like it’s innocent but it’s not. That’s called manipulation. No one falls for it. Get out of this thread and let the admins deal with your situation, you’re clearly not helping your case.

1 Like

As a female i can say we have enough creeps to deal with offline.
Could guys at least cut us a break in a forum for severe mental illness?
Nothing you can say will take back the fact that you made @Minnii uncomfortable.
No sense in trying to talk your way out of it.

3 Likes

If it’s unproper to ban these members out of the boards, it should at least be considered a blocking feature so we don’t get harassed by them.

3 Likes

We should bump this thread so it stays active at least until @shutterbug or @SzAdmin can change the topic to Meta.

1 Like

You have an option ‘mute posts of this user’ at preferences tab…but that doesn’t completely solve the problem.
It is about principles.
Edit:
Now I see, it is only about hiding notifications.

Yeah I know, but like Rhubot and claire and I think waterway also got messages from danddolo asking for their pics. I didn’t get messages just posts on here saying all kinds of different stuff. A blocking feature would prevent messages and replies. The rest can be flagged. It would save a lot of trouble for the admins.

Why don’t you flag him. I’m not saying there’s not an issue , with at least one of those posters , there are problems , the other don’t know anything about. The site though is evolving into a general chat site , whether that’s good or bad , not for me to say , but because of that the site is more likely to attract that kind of attention.

Nobody should be harassed. Fights break out and there’s often bad blood between members but outright harassment shouldn’t be tolerated. Sexual harassment is even more repugnant.

Unfortunately, this software doesn’t have many options for members dealing with this situation.

3 Likes