What if I'm a troll unconsciously pretending to be a sz?

Before illness I’d hone my literary-satirical skills playing all sorts of situationist games online. For a while, I was a very successful troll: at one point I became a “distinguished” member of Flat Earth circles coming up with all manner of “scientific” theories which delighted and entertained my ill-advised brethren. What if, rather than a sz, I am in fact “existential” troll playing out loud dangerous thought-experiments?

No one seems to think I’m a troll; I don’t if to feel relieved or dismayed.

I talked weirdly a lot when unmedicated.

I liked to be normal so I took my meds again.

I haven’t said anything “weird”.

I think you need to grow up a bit.

Honestly you’re being weird lately, you were much more normal and coherent before. Your posts are not understandable.

1 Like

I’m a highly responsible middle-aged man thank you very much. I don’t quite get the visceral reaction.

You know that untreated schizophrenia reduces intelligence, right?

Which sentence of the post strikes you are non-understandable?

All of it, how can someone pretend to have sz? No one wants to pretend that he has something bad.

That’s a rather reductive and humourless take on the text. You’re overmedicalising your relationship with the world. I was simply sharing a few things from my past. Maybe you could invest some of your considerable free time reading good books.

Sure, studies have showed that untreated schizophrenia causes permanent brain damage.
Your brain, your choice.

If you struggle to understand the text and decide accordingly that it must somehow be “weird” or “psychotic”, maybe is your brain you should be worrying about.

Im not sure about the intelligibility of pretending unconsciously.

2 Likes

Lmao You realize that we’re trying to help you?
No one is answering your posts because you make no sense. Get back to reality by getting on your meds before you will be left alone in your dark ideas.

1 Like

Precisely. I’d argue it’s possible, but it would require some additional explaining.

I don’t know why you feel pleasure from torturing your mind. Its suicidal thinking.

On your thought experiments: if you cannot refrain from doing them they are problematic.

Thanks for trying to help but you got this post all wrong. If you must know I even wrote a dissertation -supposedly, one of the very first sociological works to tackle the subject- on the Flat Earth Movement. it got top marks and offer of publication. And yes, I have been a successful troll, albeit a very benign one. This is just autobiographical stuff.