What drug do you take?

Risperidone is causing me too much cognitive impairment and doesn’t work as well as before I want to switch I’ve tried seroquel and it doesn’t work anybody know of any good drugs that work well and don’t make you dumber

1 Like

Have you tried Abilify?

1 Like

I’m on Latuda and Vraylar and Cymbalta.

No I haven’t tried ability my main problem is that I’m always on high alert after various psychotic episodes thinking people were talking bad about me I always get tense around people and stressed out even now being around people activates my autonomic system I want something that calms me down

3 Likes

I take caplyta now. I honestly believe that schizophrenia has caused my intellectual and cognitive decline.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of taking haloperidol is it good at combating anxiety and psychosis at the same time???

I did well from moving from risperdal for the same reasons and settling on zyprexa. It’s notorious for weight gain but it really works well with me. Perhaps ask your shrink. The good ones get an idea of what meds work for which people. It is a lot about guessing for sure but I’ve had good luck with mine and some of his decisions.

2 Likes

I’m on Risperdal now but have been on Haldol in hospital settings before many times.

I like how I feel on Haldol

I’m an anxious person and Haldol quells my anxiety.

Also makes me less depressed.

@Maveci1992

3 Likes

I’m on clopixol and it’s great, no symptoms ever since I’m on it. As far as I know some psychs don’t recommend it just because it’s a first-generation ap but for me it’s the best one I’ve been on.

1 Like

I notice some cognitive improvement each time I lower my dose of risperidone. Something that works well is fluonxol I also had no positive symptoms on it and was on the injection for two years. Had no cognitive impairement on it. But eventually relapsed after two yearss and six months on it. Tried ability relapsed after four months.If nothing works for positive symptoms they tend to try clozapam after trying a few drugs on people. Fortunately the risperidone works for me been on it for about three years and never had a positive symptoms on it.

Abilify shot and clozapine (low dose)

Thanks guys some really good suggestions I hope my pdoc goes for it since I’m always complaining to him about the cognitive problems and he doesn’t seem to care now since before he tried lowering my dose and I relapse was never instituted because even with my psychotic symptoms I knew I had to do the right thing and raise my dosage and eventually after like 2 months I became stable again but this time with a higher dose of risperdal ever since then my doctor won’t listen to me at all it’s this Medicare doctor where you don’t pay a thing kinda makes me want to pay for a good psychiatrist

1 Like

I do really well with minimal side effect on Geodon with Loxapine to supplement it. But many do just fine on the max dose of Geodon alone. It’s very weight neutral which is amazing and hard to come by in a good AP. Personally I had a horrible experience with Haldol impairing my ability to function like a normal human. People said I acted like a zombie on haldol.

1 Like

37mg Latuda back it on it again, which is good because it is weight neutral.

300 - 600 mg seroquel at night + 25mg twice a day

And the 100 dose of Xeplion every 4 weeks, which is 156mg of paliperadone slow release i think.

Have the odd rare script of Diazapam too - but dont need em these days.

1 Like

117 mg invega sustenna

3 Likes

I got on trimipramine (Surmontil) for depression, and somewhat to my surprise, it seems to have antipsychotic effects. On the other hand I was taking clozapine and sulpiride at the same time, so it was probably the combination of the three that did it.

So, especially if you are depressed, I would recommend at trial of trimipramine.

-Albert.

Xeplion 100mg monthly shot

@400mg seroquel along 5 different nepali and Indian herbs…

1 Like

@jeroenp 151515 15 15 1515

1 Like