Haldol with seroquel

Currently on 450 mg seroquel xr didnt seem to do much so i went to rhe dr and he added 5 mg haldol says its good for positive symptoms anyone try this. Is haldol good? I tried it once and had akathisia all day hopefully not this time

I use to be on seroquel. I’ve never tried the other one but I wish you luck.

1 Like

Thanks turtle appreciate that

1 Like

I take haldol and really like it. I get akathisia if i take 5mg at once but splitting the dose solves that. U could ask to split it up 2 or 3 times a day if it does that again.

1 Like

I’d suggest zyprexa. Those two are the worse of the older ones , read about the side effects

1 Like

Im on Haldol 2mg every 4 hours as needed and it helps with the agitation.

1 Like

I wanted to know if haldol is good for the positive symptoms as in voices because seroquel alone didnt cutt it

Is it good for voices seroquel alone didnt do much

Haldol is one of the best typical aps

1 Like

I take 1 mg Haldol and 100 Seroquel at bedtime.It is the only combo I can sleep on.

1 Like

Yes, ive had good experience with Haldol for voices.

1 Like

@Om_Sadasiva @robertc @Natron

Thanks peeps

1 Like

I guarantee you.that Haldol treats positives like no other meds with the exceptions of Clozapine that does the job even better. I talk from experience because I’ve used the Haldol like drug Clopixol for 25 years. If you really wish to get calm and psychosis free.then I think.Haldol and Seroquel will really agree with you.

1 Like

I forget how long I was on haldol but remember it being hell looking back. Super vivid dreams every night, tremors, couldn’t sit still. Played video games like a boss though for some reason. I kept going off of all of my meds for the 3 years I was on it. On fluphenazine now for 2 years and has worked wonders for me. Now I routinely take my meds because they help me so much. Haven’t been manic since I first went on fluphenazine. I take 40mg of fluphenazine and 1 mg of risperidol.

The risperidol helps with agitation and getting angry easily. Gotta watch out for agitation as it was making me suicidal after fights with might parents.
Everyone is different but haldol was hell for me.

1 Like

@columbus @nicGeorge thanks for your guys input much appreciated