What do you believe is the most common delusion?

Lots of similar delusions in people with Sz. Many here probably have noticed patterns.
What do you believe, from your experience, is the most common delusion?

1 Like

Persecutory delusions.

8 Likes

Thanks @everhopeful . Was hoping for something more specific like believing youā€™re on tv, or believing youā€™re God. thanks for contributing though.

2 Likes

Her first mistake is believing the voices are real

2 Likes

paranoia some one is after them and voice are commands and you have to do what they say

2 Likes

I always feel people want some thing from me,
so they plan really well to get them,

I think from past couple of months,
I had grandiose delusion but it been reduced now.

The most common one I have, is the delusion we are all an elite member of a group of people, who gets message from the above and when we share it here, its been analysed and action-ed accordingly.

I had made up lots of stories but cant recollect them right now.
Talking of the above I am bit scared if I go back to those thoughts.

1 Like

Thought broadcasting seems to be a common one

6 Likes

Believing in telepathy, believing you have a brain chip, believing youā€™re on tv,ā€¦,

5 Likes

when i thought that my mother was poisoning my food i think that sounds common.

3 Likes

I think being a prophet or an actual messiah.

Going to hell.

3 Likes

Yā€™all forgetting about the J man, Jesus. It was funny, one minute Iā€™m like wow Iā€™m god, the next the paranoia kicks in and boom, what if I am Jesus? And then I was scared like no explanation can provide measurement. I thought peoples would gather around me and nail me to a cross. I think the Jesus thing is pretty common. And it is all so funny because it is all based on our childhood, church, god, his son, the repetition, the common belief. The clash: ā€˜Death and glory ehe. Just another historyā€™

1 Like

Paranoia, persecutory delusions
are the most common, I think.

2 Likes

When was in hospital I thought the whole ward was set up just for me
I also had pregnancy delusion

1 Like

lol i thought the first time that i was in a ward fir people who had gone gay and were being turned back to straight. that was the word of the day in there.

1 Like

Delusions of grandeur. Specifically, a belief that one is Jesus Christ.

1 Like

I had this once too. I took tests every morning and eventually got a blood test. I was on the implant still.

1 Like

The belief that this is the real world. It comes up a lot

1 Like

Paranoia I think. When I get it Iā€™m scared gunmen will kill me

1 Like

I would love to know where the real world is if this isnā€™t it

2 Likes

I have voices who say ā€œwe are insaneā€ and I realized it more fully yesterday. Itā€™s a good thing to know. It makes you saner. I like that people here donā€™t dispute the fact Iā€™ve gone mad. Almost every delusion Iā€™ve had was religious. I donā€™t use drugs, I really couldnā€™t survive at all, and alcohol too. My medicine doesnā€™t make me high, I know what highs are like, Iā€™ve been high as a kite. Maybe sometimes it makes me relax but not enough for me to want to abuse it.

2 Likes