What can you take to make you go to sleep?

What can you do or take to make you go to sleep?

2 Likes

I have a prescription for Trazodone it makes me sleep good

3 Likes

If you can’t sleep it may be something you’re doing----or not doing.

https://www.cdc.gov/sleep/about_sleep/sleep_hygiene.html

1 Like

Why can’t you sleep? Is it anxiety, stress, medication withdrawal???

2 Likes

I would recommend two things. One may work better than the other for you. The first is melatonin, then naturally occurring brain chemical that helps you sleep. It must be taken under the tongue, and in the dark I find to be most effective.

If you need something stronger, Seroquel works very well and is also an anti-psychotic which may improve your condition at the same time

Best of luck

3 Likes

My nurse practitioner told me that I can take melatonin for sleep. It’s worth a try.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Give it a go and let us know how you make out

Drinking chamomile tea makes me sleepy and Valerian capsules help with anxiety.

3 Likes

Stop all caffeine and take melatonin.

2 Likes

Solid advice.
I can’t sleep without melatonin

3 Likes

I use Trazadone, Gabapentin, Gaba supplement and Magnesium.

1 Like

There are a whole lot of things and options. Here are some:

Plan ahead your sleep so that you go to bed a certain time. Try not to have screentime the last hour before bed. Turn down the brightness on your screens and/or get blue light filters/eyeglasses. Don’t eat any big meals after 9pm.

The supplements I use before bed right now is magnesium, fish oil and glycine.

Sometimes I use melatonin, but it’s best not to use that longterm because you detrain your body to make it’s own naturally.

İ don t use any drugs for sleep.but i used to take 200mg seroquel for sleep when i was on abilify

2 Likes

L theanine, and glycine. They help me alot to sleep. you can try them. Melatonin doesnt do squak.

1 Like

same problem here… next week i will talk to my shrink…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.