Schizophrenia.com

What can u do when u feel abandoned?

Since I fell ill to schizophrenia four years ago, my sister soon stop talking to me. She would not respond to me if I greet her. She would not say a word if I talk to her.

Last night we meet in a family dinner. Again she didn’t say a single word to me. She has been doing this for a few years. I feel that she really wants to keep a distant from me. I feel uneasy. It triggered a lot of sad thoughts and I can’t shake them off. I don’t know what to do. I feel sad.

How old is she @goggles?

Find out WHY. Ask another family member her reasons. And then once you know why, MAYBE address the issue in a letter. Tell her that her actions are hurting you and that you are still the person she grew up with and you would like to have a relationship with her.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I’m sorry about this Goggles… I remember when you used to post how she would hurt your feelings last time…

Your stronger now… and healing… I have a feeling when your even stronger and more healed… she’s still going to be toxic.

I know how much it hurts… but I hope you can shake it off and enjoy the comfort that your parents still love you… and still care about you.

It’s hard when you have to write off a family member. I hope tomorrow, you will feel better and not have to deal with her much in the coming year.

My sister put me on a restrictive list on Facebook. She never calls or asks about me, never interacts with me outside of when I visit my parents. Last time I saw her it had been over a year since we had seen each other and we talked normally… She studies medicine and wouldn’t believe me when I told her Japan changed the name of schizophrenia to integration disorder. After we spoke, I went home and I have gained a lot of weight in the past year, what’s next, I put up a drawing resembling her and she changes her profile pic to the McDonald’s logo.

She’s being brainwashed by her studies, I don’t care, I have my own life to live…

**This happens in so many families.
@77nick77 is right—write a letter.
Even if you dont get a response, at least youll know you tried. She will come around sooner or later.
just don`t abandon yourself! **

I agree with @77nick77 find out why. If possible remind her you are a person and her sibling first, not an illness.