What books do you read?

My next book will be about gaming

2 Likes

Science books and non fiction.

I read a lot of Anne Lamott.

I am currently reading Dune. It is my first science fiction book. I also have read Michael Connelly detective novels, lots of Jack Kerouac and everything from Herman Melville to Edgar Allan Poe. I guess I like a little bit of everything.

I recently read the autobiography of iceberg slim who was a pimp in the 30s and 40s. Ho better have my money!

Mostly true story, but I don’t read a lot

I read no books, have taken many books to the recycling place of our library where other people can take books, I do not read much at all, the news headlines, I have no concentration. I do not even read long posts on the forum.

Reading self help books at moment
Have ordered off amazon a book about UFO and a book about hitlers concentration camp for women

I’ve bought so many books in my life but barely read any of them.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

About negotiations

I finished “Anna Karenina” not too long ago. I was really surprised that Tolstoy was as enlightened as he was about women’s rights. The book was written before all that kicked off.

1 Like

Right now, I am reading two books: Church History, by Fr. John Laux, and Don Quixote, by Miguel de Cervantes. I usually read from two or three to seven books at once so, it takes me a long time to get through individual books. Church History has over 500 pages, and Don Quixote has almost 1,000 pages. Reading is my absolute favorite thing to do In the world.

5 Likes

Thanks for this topic. Reading is my #1 way to fill my spare time. I needed to be reminded of that today as I have some hours with “nothing to do.” I am reading “Becoming” by Michelle Obama and I really enjoy it.

1 Like

Let me know how it is @Here4You I want to read it

I read the Bible most often

I read her husband’s book about six years ago.

Currently I’m reading “The Deed of Paksenarrion” by Elizabeth Moon, a fantasy trilogy put into an omnibus. Probably the best novels I’ve ever read in the genre, I think this is the 6th time reading it since 2010.
Next up will be some science-fiction, not decided on which yet.
Also reading some text-books for school, mostly focused around how media works & is applied throughout society.

The Mystic Masseur, by Naiupal. I mostly go for sci-fi, philosophy, theatrical texts and anything Joycean.