What do you like to read?

Reading is one of my favourite pastimes

I read weekly business and politics magazine published in the UK called The Economist.

I also have several others books on international relations and self help - notable titles include The 48 Laws of Power, and Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

I also have a huge collection of books on Islam - spiritually advanced topics like Sufism and how to develop spirituality in oneself

Do you guys read and what do you like to read?

2 Likes

I mainly read science books. I love learning about physics and neuroscience. I also like a lot of classic novels like “Catcher in the Rye,” “To Kill A Mockingbird,” and more.

2 Likes

I like books on spirituality, have you ever read the alchemist? There’s a book called “the master key system” id like to read but never have, it’s about the law of attraction, I heard it’s pretty good. I’ve also read some of the jack reacher novels and loved those

2 Likes

I had to read all the classics and religious ridiculousness in school.

Now I read for fun.

These are some of my favorites:

2 Likes

I’m currently in the middle of The Matthew Perry book on his alcoholism titled “Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing”.

He’s a good writer and is lucky to be alive!

1 Like

I like to reaf psychology books, books on addiction, and fantasy books too. My guilty pleasure is the Twilight series, lol. I use to love mystery books but i cant get into them like i use to.

1 Like

I’m currently on The Rivers end by Nora Roberts.

1 Like

I really enjoyed on the road and desolation angels by Jack Kerouac the author suffered with sciz and drank to mask it apparently.

2 Likes

I’m trying to read Harry Potter in German.

I also bought a German grammar book. It’s really concise, useful.

I don’t read novels, they trigger me, as I feel I’m getting lost in another world.

For some reason Harry Potter is okay. I think because it reminds me of good past memories

Thou I can’t be asked to read it again in English…

1 Like

@PhotoGuy , check out this book I read a long time ago if that’s what you like. It was really good:

2 Likes

@Dizzy , I read the alchemist a long time ago and liked it too

3 Likes

One of my favorites. I should probably re read it

3 Likes

I just finished “I am Malala” by Malala Yousafzai with Christina Lamb,
It was kind of a autobiography… The story of how she was shot by the Taliban.
It was good, very descriptive, I learned a bit about Pakistan.

1 Like

I have that book, @CoCo and @Dizzy

But I haven’t opened it yet.

I hope its good.

2 Likes

I read a lot of the textbook “Principles of Neuroscience.” That was a masterpiece. I didn’t finish it though. The book is thousands of pages long.

2 Likes

There is a good book (haven’t read it yet) about living with schizophrenia called “The Center Cannot Hold.”

4 Likes

I used to read a lot of self help books. I also read the books you mentioned and had my first psychotic break while reading think and grow rich for like the 3rd time. Now I just mostly read the Bible and medical books. I mostly read this book. I have both the hard copy and soft copy.

2 Likes

I study the bible and many other Christian related books.

Also I have a nice bird book collection.

I love the For Dummies books too.

i always have a book going.

im reading life and fate by vasily grossman.

That was by Ellen Sachs right, I read about half, I borrowed it from the library.

2 Likes