We're not all of equal intelligence

I used to have a complex about being stupid. I even cheated on an IQ test to try to convince myself I was smart when I was constantly calling myself stupid. It’s time for me to sit back and assess what I’m really thinking about when I call myself stupid. I think numb with emotional pain is a better way to call that condition.

2 Likes

I think you’re probably right.

I always scored well on the standardized tests, but I have real problems adapting to practicle work. I feel dumb. I’ve come across people with high IQ’s who were totally dysfunctional.

My IQ test result was just so-so. Couldn’t remember for sure as it was done thirty years ago, I think I scored between 90-110. Interstingly I was regarded as the clevest one by most of my classmates. In fact I am an average person in IQ.

2 Likes

i don’t mind being stupid…sounds wierd…but that is how i feel.
it can take me 3 times longer to do most things others find easy.
but hey, i have nothing else to do…
take care from :alien:

what if you were psychotic while taking the test. do you think that would affect your score

Thats what is called extreme thinking, from the psychologist’s lingo. What is “stupid”? IQ might measure something - but nobody really thinks it equates to success in life. Lots of high IQ people earn very little and aren’t “successful” and aren’t happy. Lots of lower IQ people are millionaires and billionaires. So - to me its a meaningless concept. Its just a name people use to belittle other people who maybe made a mistake they didn’t make.

If you were to measure if you’re stupid" based on IQ - what does it mean - who says?

I think its a waste of time, the concept is a label someone puts on other people that they don’t like - thats all. Its not relevant really to your life, or your potential or value as a person.

9 Likes

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

Bertrand Russell

4 Likes

Einstein and his lackies built the atomic bomb.

This device can instantly incinerate my entire being and the being of my loved ones.

Until we’re doing good things i don’t give a ■■■■ about smart.

Intelligence is nothing more than a lifeless statue that you bow to without the wisdom to go with it. And it’s just so so ugly.

1 Like

I Q is not a great way of determining real world intelligence

2 Likes
  1. We’re not all of equal anything.
  2. We’re all different.
  3. We all have different types of intelligences.
2 Likes

“I will always higher a lazy person over someone that works hard… Because the lazy person with!l always find out the most efficient way of doing something”. (So he can then get back to folding his hands and putting his feet up)

I attribute my laziness to my ever increasing productivity in business. im always finding ways to work less yet accomplish more. the work smarter not harder attitude

1 Like

From “Intelligence: Knowns and Unknowns” (1995), a report published by the Board of Scientific Affairs of the American Psychological Association:
Individuals differ from one another in their ability to understand complex ideas, to adapt effectively to the environment, to learn from experience, to engage in various forms of reasoning, to overcome obstacles by taking thought. Although these individual differences can be substantial, they are never entirely consistent: a given person’s intellectual performance will vary on different occasions, in different domains, as judged by different criteria. Concepts of “intelligence” are attempts to clarify and organize this complex set of phenomena. Although considerable clarity has been achieved in some areas, no such conceptualization has yet answered all the important questions, and none commands universal assent. Indeed, when two dozen prominent theorists were recently asked to define intelligence, they gave two dozen, somewhat different, definitions.[6][7]

1 Like

I also do much better on tests than in the everyday practical application of intelligence. When it comes to applying my mind to actual practical tasks I’m very average.

I’ve know my IQ (148) since middle school when my parents started using against me by telling me that I was doing nothing to live up to my potential. Even to this day they remind me of how much more successful I’d be if only I’d perform like the universe intended. I’m 41, have a very successful career, make plenty of money, have a beautiful wife who is beyond supportive. For the most part overall things are good. But I really wish that I didn’t know my IQ - that knowledge has never brought me anything good.

My mechanic has an IQ of about 145. Go figure. He’s the best mechanic I’ve ever taken my car to. I never feel over-charged or cheated and he’s always putting in bulbs and taking out dents for free. I was measured with a good IQ when I was very young. I fulfilled my potential in school until I was about 14 and things started to go downhill.

i know what you mean nick77. early on before school I was considered extremely bright and then the stresses hit and the sz began to show its ugly face and failure began and I felt so stupid and diminished.

judy

@PinCushion

Well, Dear, you come up with great titles for your posts!

Jayster

I remember being tested in school and having a score of 147. My dad immediately complained that I was goofing off and could have got the 150 if I tried. He wanted me to join Mensa. They decided I was going to school to be a doctor. I wanted to write. Grades started slipping in high school. Was raped my first semester of college. Had a psychotic break. Tumbled down ever since. When I went back to school ten years later my iq had dropped to 124. I brought home two college degrees then had another psychotic break around 9/11. Recent psychologist sent me to be tested IQ is now 107. Psychotic breaks have been hard on me. I lose a little more each time.