We’re adopting a cat!

It’s all set, my father agreed to us adopting a cat, finally.
I’ve been doing a lot of research on cat ownership and there are a few cat owners in my family that can help me out with my questions.

I’m looking to adopting an adult cat and not a kitten.

I’m in the process of researching the different cat foods and supplies our kitty will need.

We’ll be visiting our animal shelters in the coming days.

In the meantime we’re gradually cat proofing our home so the home environment will be safe for him.

Yes, looking to adopt a male cat.

22 Likes

That’s great! I used to have 3 cats. They were like dogs lol. They greeted me at the door when I got home and they followed me around the house. So cute! I also used to foster cats and I’m really glad you’re adopting an adult.

8 Likes

Awww how sweet. Give your kitty boy lots of lovins.

:blush:

5 Likes

Thanks @CoCo and @Montezuma
I may consider adopting a senior cat.
I’m not sure yet but definitely 2 years old or older.

5 Likes

I think Russian Blues are pretty cats. Siamese cats I’ve heard are very intelligent but hard to live with. I doubt you’d find a Siamese at the shelter though

2 Likes

Actually there are a few Siamese mixes at both shelters @Loke.

2 Likes

I think this is a great idea.

Very exciting!

3 Likes

Thanks @Charles_Foster!

2 Likes

Share pics when you get him!

3 Likes

Thanks @TheCanuk!
Yes definitely!

2 Likes

That’s wonderful. I have Bella and Nico. He’ll bring joy to your home.

4 Likes

Why thank you @roxanna

2 Likes

Yay, that’s awesome!! I’m happy for you. And adopting an adult kitty is really cool of you. Adult animals often get overlooked.

Share pics once you’ve brought your new friend home?? :relaxed::cat2:

4 Likes

Thanks @Blossom!
Yes I will share pics!

3 Likes

Hon and I rescued two barn cats…Ollie and Islo.

I call the first one ‘Ollie Moo-Moo’ because his coat is black and white like a cow.

Whenever the cat is being rascally, my daughter yells out ‘Oliver Moo!!’…you stop that right now! lol!

I think you’re making a good move picking up a tabby. We’ve always had one in the house. Good therapy pets for the girls as well.

4 Likes

@Wave,

I remember you were training a puppy weren’t you? Do you still have it…or maybe it didn’t work out?

1 Like

No we no longer have the puppy @Patrick
She was very sick and needed extensive medical attention.

She got adopted by a family that has lots of experience with Labradors.

2 Likes

That’s great @Wave ! You’re very fortunate to have that opportunity, enjoy your new companion and may he bring you lots of joy :blush:

2 Likes

I am so happy for you @Wave. I am sure the two of you will be a great fit.

2 Likes

Thank you @Hadeda

1 Like