Was 4000 mg of glycine too much to start?

was 4000 mg of glycine too much to start? i started talking very quickly it did treat my depression fast i felt a quick effect

1 Like

i think i should start at 500 mg… like sarcosine

1 Like

I was told by pharmacist not to take unless you know your deficient and to start of slow and monitor cause glycine can be lethal.

1 Like

4 grams of glycine is almost nothing - in the clinical trials that showed some effectiveness for it helping with negative symptoms they were using 60 GRAMs.

Clinical trials have begun with 15 gm per day and the dose is then increased by 15 gm per day every 3 days until a total dose of 60 gm/day has been achieved. This dose is based upon an average weight for the individual of about 150 pounds.

You can read more here:

This is why most people take sarcosine - it doesn’t require you to take as much to get the same effect.

60 grams of glycine is hard to stomach - literally - most people start getting sick to their stomach - say the researchers.

1 Like

hey buddy, i took 4 grams of glycine and my depression was gone after day 1

low dose might help me like 500 mg twice daily

im not taking 60 grams of glycine that would kill my brain sounds like an overdose to me

this glycine from vital nutrients took my depression away after one dose of 4 grams but after a few days i started to talk very fast something unwanted and not like sarcosine 500 mg that i took i am very sensitive to supplements

so i wanna try 500 mg @AndrewJohn twice daily maybe it will cure my depression if i maintain a low dose to avoid unwanted side effects, i still have the sarcosine scoop so ill just take 500 mg twice daily and hope for the best

hey Glycine low dose lethal?

Glycine raises blood pressure so I don’t take very much of it, but I do still take it. I usually take 1/2 to 3/4 of a teaspoon but I also take TMG and DMG which are part of the glycine path in your body to make sarcosine.

1 Like

Here is the study: They used .8 grams/kilo of body weight of the patient. So if you weight 180 lbs (about 80 kilos) you’d be taking 80 *.8 = 64 grams a day. Good results "Glycine treatment was well tolerated and resulted in a significant (p <.0001) 23% +/- 8% reduction in negative symptoms. "

1 Like

Low dose seem to work with me for depression.

i wanna know if this is safe low dose with a beta blocker like nobiten im taking, half a pill of 5 mg
i dont want this messing around with my heart

are you on a beta blocker also?

Do not use calcium/glycine within 2 hours before or after taking a beta-blocker (eg, propranolol), bisphosphonate (eg, risedronate), cephalosporin (eg, cephalexin), corticosteroid (eg, hydrocortisone), delavirdine, digoxin, imidazole (eg, ketoconazole), penicillamine, sulfonylurea (eg, glyburide), or tetracyclines (eg, doxycycline) because calcium/glycine may decrease the effectiveness of these medicines.

I guess the same is for Sarcosine i came accross this article

what is calcium/glycine ?

I must be ill informed. A quick search says it’s only lethal in really high doses.

1 Like

No I’m not.

1 Like