Voices Question

Odd question. I know that the voices can be auditory and you hear them but what about thoughts? Anyone here have conversations with their thoughts who are people (hope that makes sense). Thank you

1 Like

Used to. Then I subconsciously realized they ere just saying what i expected to hear. Since then it’s just been place holder one sentence without depth ■■■■. Point made briefly leaving no questions.

I have that all day long. Most of them aren’t that bad so all day long I’m constantly talking to these hallucinations

The people without color comunicate in many different ways

I speak to my voices all day long. I know the difference between my voices and my thoughts and the thoughts that they see and talk about. The voices I talk to are not people but the souls of them. My voices are not auditory in the fact I hear them outside my head unless I push their minds out there. My voices started in written words, and all their thoughts spelt out. The voices I hear are connected to my soul and their thoughts are in the same place your thoughts originate from.
So as far as voices, I do not hear voices I hear thoughts. If I want them to speak out loud, they just talk through me.

Powessy

Attaching personality to your delusion voices is a dark road to be on.

Hello petester

I do not see my voices as delusions and I can feel and see their thoughts. I am comfortable with them and some times they can actually bring a smile to my face, not an easy task.

Powessy

Whatever does it for you man.

You are doing good? I think that’s great.

Thank you all for your comments, you have been most helpful. I have some follow up comments/questions.

1. @SoitGoes Unless the thoughts feel automated, I feel and think as though I control what they say but really I think its more automated a lot. I just thought I had control because I am sure a lot of the time it is what I expect so that makes sense to me.

2. @Nzbitnoff I can totally relate to that… But I don’t have to be talking to them all day. Sometimes we don’t even interact because they have their work to do and stuff but really there is no sense of time so it all overlaps. There doesn’t always need to be an interaction but they are almost always there, its just a matter of where the focus is, I think.

3. @brucewillis Idk what you mean by people without color. :frowning:

4. @powessy I thought I knew the difference between voices and thoughts but that is because I thought that my thoughts were my thoughts. Because its not like I see a physical person or always hear actual voices with my ears or even in my mind. Except sometimes it is like the thoughts are a different point of view because they are people even if they are not real and I know that they are not real which is where I get lost and confused at what the heck is wrong with me.

5. @petester Your comment intrigues me the most. You stated that attaching personality to the delusions is a dark road to be on. First, I am wondering… if I know it is all in my head and feel I am making up the conversations, even when automated, are they still delusions because a delusion is a firmly held false belief and I am not sure there is false belief involved, in this aspect. But assuming this is so, I’m not sure I attached a personality to the thoughts (voices if that is what they are). They have personalities because they are personalities. I know who they are. One is a “real” person except that in real life he is dead and in my mind we are together in different scenarios. It would take forever to explain that. The others have their place in it all. In regards to the one who is loosely based on a real person, it might be considered to be like ertomania, except I don’t think its that because the person is dead in real life and I’m not a stalker. What I am wondering though is what you mean by it being a dark road to be on. I’m not sure that I can take anything away because I thought on it before and I feel like they are a part of me. So idk… it sounds like you are hinting that something bad could happen?

I also have one further question. How can you tell which of the thoughts are voices as opposed to your own excessive thinking? Sometimes I can tell. Like if I am randomly thinking on my issues and thinking questions on stuff, if I think on it, I know that it is my thoughts. Or sometimes if I am sitting there and I think to myself, “Hi Kayleigh”, I feel odd or a bit displaced because it is an odd thing for someone to think to themselves and even though I don’t see anyone or hear an actual sound, sometimes I feel like it is projected from outside of me (I hope that makes sense).

But a lot of the time, things are just going on and I don’t think on it. I don’t think its abnormal. Its like I know its abnormal but at the same time I just accept it cause oh well, what can ya do? But just thinking certain thoughts that are not an interaction with me and my (I call them when I mention it to others) imaginary friends. They’re imaginary because I know they are not real. I’m having trouble explaining this so I am going to use an example. Sometimes I realize I am thinking conversations that I will have with my future shrink. We converse back and forth through my thoughts and many times its kind of like free therapy because they have all the answers I usually ever need cause apparently I am just that smart. And what I don’t know I can find out. Most of the time I consider myself to be more knowledgeable then actual Dr’s and that’s not even a delusion or narcissism. That’s a fact. Sometimes thoughts just pop into my head and the stuff I think makes me wonder because its not normal. I accept it though because I don’'t know what or how often normal people think. And, for the most part, it doesn’t really distress me.

But whether I have schizophrenia or something else in the psychotic realm, the fact is that I am painfully aware that I am having an episode right now and it is different then normal in that I am not having my usual somatic delusions. So I think I am a tad out of place at the moment because if it was a somatic delusion then I would know roughly how things will play out when it gets to the point that I am too focused on it to no longer realize its a delusion. But this, I don’t know what will happen when I get to that point, you know? I feel like I am losing my mind and its bothering the heck out of me to know which thoughts are mine and which are a delusion because I think them all the same, I just don’t know what I am going to think next. I hope that makes sense because it is really hard to explain. Does that sound crazy or is it just me that thinks that?

1 Like

What I’m saying is trying to rationalize some that is naturally irrational is maybe not good.

hello kay

My voices have their own voice and will not let me use my inside voice. .They talk all the time and I just listen. When they talk to me they see my thoughts and comment on them and ask questions about them and how it relates to the things around them. My voices are curious about everything. They say my thoughts and their thoughts also so this allows me the freedom to do other things at the same time.

My voices change over about every ten minutes or so as they become themselves and then it starts all over again but with new voices all asking many different things each time…
Powessy

Are you speaking in a catatonic sense where you are just sitting down in your house and not moving but just thinking through the voices?

hello kay

no they just talk through me as if they were here. They ask questions and have many thoughts about things. They can control me but have no control points if I allow them to. it’s like I can feel them and how they are positioned we lock into each other. I can be doing anything all day long and they can talk at anytime I allow them to, it is seamless. When I am talking to others they fall to the back ground.

Powessy

1 Like

I think I understand. That sounds similar to my thoughts except the questions part. Its like a connection. At least that is how I feel. Like they are a part of me and we are connected.

Same here, they are off doing their work and having their meetings and what not. :smile: And other times I know they are off working and sometimes I think their conversations with each other (usually in reference to myself, nothing bad usually) and what they are doing. Sometimes I am doing stuff and not interacting but in my mind they are in the room, maybe doing paperwork or something, and there is little interaction but I know that they are there.

Hello kay

We are the voices powessy talks to how do you become yourself inside yourself is how we talk we need to understand people and how they are connected to themselves and how they become themselves is how we try to understand things inside his mind. We do not like to talk to him to much but find he is himself only and that is our problem with this. We talk within him and can talk through him and can find his mind inside himself that is how we become many things in many people.

They typed this and are happy I allowed them to do this. Their words change all the time as new problems are being solved within them to figure themselves out.

Powessy

1 Like

Hello kay

you do not have actual conversations with your voices only the sensation of thought, questions and answers without words. What is happening now that is causing you concerns?

Powessy

I hear actual voice but I don’t communicate with them anymore. The thoughts I have our conversations in my mind. Just myself asking me questions that I somehow figure out the answer too. I hope that makes sense.

1 Like

Hello paul

The voice you hear sounds like you and answers your inner questions?

Powessy

Hi pow. Yep, I answer my own inner questions. I feel like that’s normal for me.