Video Game Thread 7.0

I’m currently downloading Red Dead Online. For some reason I find hunting in that game very relaxing.

1 Like

Wont consider anything til holliday sales.

The Oculus has arrived. Will set it up in a bit. Need to get chores and French out of the way.

3 Likes

For anyone interested in trying the new video game by Amazon called New World, open beta sign up is on Steam. All you have to do is go to the New World store page on steam and click the open beta. They’re sending out emails for participants right now and I got mine within about half an hour after clicking the button.

It’s for PC.

Let’s start a New World crew everyone!

2 Likes

Lucky you! I don’t have the funds for a PS5, spent my money on TV and mattress. Xbox Series X is really good though.

The only PS exclusive game I actually want to play is FF7 remake, but that’s a timed exclusive so it should come out on Xbox if I wait long enough.

1 Like

Being in jail sucked except for one thing. I received my check for about 4 months while I was in there so I accumulated a bit of money, fixed my car’s transmission, and got myself the PS5. Another good bit of news I learned today is that I’m going to get my check with back pay since the day I was released. It really helped out when my middle sister was visiting from England. She threw a party for her son’s birthday. I paid for most of the expenses including a taco caterer heh. Good tacos. To go back on topic…

For the PS5 there’s a game called Scarlet Nexus I’ve been looking at. It’s not an exclusive though. And I bought Watch Dogs Legion on the PS store which says it includes the PS5 version. Also going to get FIFA 22 on October 1st. You’re right, there aren’t many PS5 exclusives at the moment. Normally, I buy Microsoft exclusives for my PC. They usually come out some months after Xbox exclusivity.

4 Likes

Oooooooof.

2 Likes

Getting everything going.

12 Likes

I’ve never made the leap into VR, instead focusing my money on a new console and TV set, but I’m very curious about PC VR sets like Oculus. There’s a Fallout 4 VR I think, I really wanna try it.

2 Likes

I nearly bought the Quest 2, but since finding out you have to have a Facebook account, and reading the horror storys of them getting bricked cos of disabled FB Accounts, i went with the Rift S. You do need a hefty pc gaming rig tho to run that, as its not standalone like the Quest 2 is, and obviously isnt android.

I will get a Quest 2 at some point - but only when Amazon let me pay it over 5 months. lol

1 Like

Last time i looked (but may have changed) you could only play FallOut VR on a Valve Index. There is software to jailbreak it - but i was dissappointed when my Rift S wouldnt support it.

1 Like

Tales of Arise releases today. I’ve already got it pre ordered and preloaded.

I love the tales games.

2 Likes

Holy crap my arms are tired this morning. Not really worried about it being linked to my FB account. I’ve taken my poor behaviour to Twitter where it belongs.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah I wish it was available on PS VR like Skyrim is.

My favorite was Tales of Graces. I liked the game play on that one. Switching between Asbel’s katana and regular attacks was fun. I also really enjoy the Tales of series. Let me know how Tales of Arise is. I’ve read good things about it. I was going to buy it today.

1 Like

Will do, And I have fond memories of Crablettes from tales of graces.

Lol

1 Like

Finally installed the Elite Strap w/battery on the Oculus this morning. OMG, what a difference in fit and comfort. Actually feels more balanced and less awkward. The carrying case is nice. I like that I can take it out to a park and play!

1 Like
1 Like

I’m wondering if I’ll get the old version or the revised one. It hasn’t arrived yet. I keep checking the online tracker and it says “out for delivery”. :expressionless:

I read the revised version also has a screw that can be tightened without a screwdriver. That’s how I’ll know which one I receive. Walmart didn’t have any indication about which one it may be when I ordered it.

I’ve been playing Fallout 76 most recently. It’s a good time waster. I think it has improved a lot since release. I also downloaded the New World open beta and have been trying it out. I read the progression won’t transfer to launch. Not a too bad. I’ve been trying out a hybrid melee and magic build. I have a rapier and an ice gauntlet. The gauntlet seems a little underwhelming at the moment. I’m hoping other skills it has will be more useful. The rapier attacks look funny to me. They remind me of the Princess Bride.

1 Like

Check out financing through Affirm. If you qualify you can make purchases on Amazon. Interest depends on credit score and I don’t know about their policies with the U.K.

1 Like