Video Game Thread 7.0

Hello everyone! This is a thread for everything relating to video games. PC games, console games, even mobile games… you can discuss them here. Good luck to everyone on getting a Series X or PS5 if you’re after one!

9 Likes

I play on PC recently I have been playing gta 5

I guess before I get a Series X I believe a 4K TV would be the better buy. I bookmarked one on Wal-Mart.com that is priced right and is a decent brand and size.

We’ll see.

1 Like

I can’t believe the scarcity of the new consoles is still a thing… it’s been nearly a year since they launched! I want a PS5 but I really want to wait until I can buy it at the MSRP without the stress of trying to fill out payment info in 30 sec before the site goes out of stock. I got really lucky with the Series X on launch day, got one via best buy.

2 Likes

I got some serious Switch time in this very early morning playing Everspace. Now that I have given it a chance and understand what to do it’s a lot more fun.

:+1:

2 Likes

So I have a question.

I’m torn, I want to buy Diablo 2 when it’s released, but I don’t know if I can stand myself giving money to a company like that. I’ve first hand witnessed the dudebro culture in WoW back in the day.

Any thoughts?

Happy gaming!

1 Like

Been playing retail WoW. Little bit of PVP and gold farming. If anyone wants to play (alliance), dm me :grinning:

1 Like

My Oculus Q2 and accessories show as being here Sep 3. No word on my when prescription lens inserts will ship. They were ordered nearly a couple of weeks back.

3 Likes

I’m going to start a new campaign on Pathfinder: Kingmaker. It’s a really long game. I’ve only ever made it to the second act. That ought to keep me busy for awhile. Hopefully, I get further this time around.

1 Like

Do you think it could have been stolen from your doorstep? In San Diego there have been a lot of package thefts.

Edit: ah wait, I’d forgotten it’s not September yet.

1 Like

Ironically, China just enacted a new law stating minors can only play a maximum of three hours on the weekend. One hour Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. No weekdays. I’m not making this up. Crazy huh?

3 Likes

Yea I read that some ppl died from gaming addiction in China and that they have gaming addiction treatment centers etc

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s hard to fathom. I read about a couple that neglected their baby and he died.

2 Likes

Got back to playing Skyrim! I want to get all the achievements before the new version arrives in November. I played for about 3 hours with a 60 FPS mod, it’s a big improvement. The mod works in a way that it can be used without disabling achievements. I also have a hotkey mod that lets you bind 8 hotkeys to the directional pad, as well as quick saving with sprint+start, that doesn’t disable achievements.

3 Likes

Today was suppose to be the day that the “New World” MMO by Amazon was to be released but it’s been delayed another month until Sept 28th. This isn’t the first time it’s been delayed, I wonder if it will really be released next month. It’s one of the few games I have been looking forward too. I played the beta for a bit before I was cut off and I liked it, hopefully it doesn’t suck once you really get into it. I pre-ordered my copy several months ago.

When I played it the graphics options didn’t function or do anything, and the game wasn’t optimized but I was getting around 58 FPS out of it. My computer blows away the announced recommended specs so I think I will get good performance out of it, but I may have to turn down a few settings to achieve a minimum of 60 FPS. I think those announced specs are for 1080p and my monitor is 1440p.

I love Tomb Raider! :smiley: (I used to play it on a relative’s xbox.)

2 Likes

OMG.

My damn arms would fall off by the end.

3 Likes

Ruddy hell lol. You must have to put some serious practice in on that to be that good. Im pants at that game. The nieghbours played it more than i have.

1 Like

My PS5 shipped and will arrive on September 13th. I’m excited about that. I hope there are no damages on it when it arrives.

Managed to get one during a Walmart restock. They were sold out in minutes.

4 Likes