Very overwhelmed lately

So for the last little while ive been struggling to do what needs to be done day to day. Take work for example. Today during my cleaning job shift, i became completely overwhelmed and ended up doing nothing but being paralyzed with fear in the store room for about twenty minutes before working up the courage to ask to leave work a few hours early.
Im expecting a call from my case manager soon and will explain all this. Hope i can see my psychiatrist someday soon. Dont think i can keep this up.
Im considering a medication change from abilify.
Wish i could just get on the pension and volunteer in my own time and ways. But they say im too young and am too high functioning to go on it.
Thanks for listening.

1 Like

I have a Bachelors Degree. They told me I couldn’t be disabled because I was a college graduate.

1 Like

@Jayster thats rediculous. A lot of people with sz make it through college and end up not being able to function. Must have been frustrating.

We used to have a phrase in the 80’s: “Punished for getting better”. Because that’s what it seems like, when your symptoms improve than more is expected from you, and it’s not all pleasant. There’s another phrase that comes to mind, “To whom much is given, much is expected.” Meaning the more gifts in life you have (strength or intelligence or a good recovery etc.) the more people depend on you and the more they expect from you.

3 Likes

@77nick77 thanks for sharing. Yeah i definitely feel what your saying.

1 Like

What’s your thoughts on a different medication?

I hope your pdoc can help you @Ozzyskits

:crossed_fingers:

When I first applied for disability, they shot me down. I tried a second, then a third time and got it.

Now they don’t question it. Maybe that could happen for you, can it?

But I have gone back to work again now

Not sure about you, but I find the times outside of work the most difficult.

My mind needs to be occupied, and I am crap at managing myself outside of a structure like work.

It sounds like maybe this incident needs a PRN or coping strategy to overcome it. I hope you find a way

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.