USA disability college loan forgiveness

https://www.disabilitydischarge.com/

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this!

I just sent out a group email to my family with this link and the Mental Health Directive link.

Things are looking better for my school situation.

ETA: @mortimermouse This would be great for grad school. :sunglasses:
@SurprisedJ

1 Like

If you receive forgiveness you can’t take out further loans

Well I am pretty far from “totally and permanently disabled” but thanks for thinking of me!

1 Like

You’re welcome!

Would use great caution before I pick some online link and unknown company to fix this kind of problem – student loan debt following 100% disability. You are better off asking your local case manager who handles this or talk to the attorney who helped you get disability payments. Seen more than one situation where someone tried to get debt forgiven and they were denied over and over, despite being on disability pay. But, local consumer run group (social group hangout for SPMI) could get it taken care of quickly as long as you were doing day program there for a while. Seems like some kind of scam way of handling people who try to get their own loans forgiven…My city has some problems with no local court representation, even with discounted Legal Aide, plus some questionable charities so… just how it goes.

2 Likes

I agree to do research before giving any info.

There are definitely some hustler loan forgiveness scams. Nelnet is legit. If you’re in need of loan forgiveness research and call Nelnet directly or yes talk to your case manager. Perhaps they can help

1 Like

And it should be a free service. They shouldn’t ask for a fee. I didn’t have to pay

I was busy today, so I didn’t get a chance to call them or speak to a lawyer. I’m taking my mom to the doctor’s tomorrow. I’ll have to look into it next week.

I’m glad I found this again. I just asked my case manager who could be doing legal stuff on my diagnoses (since my psychiatrist retired and the place I go to has me seeing different ones now) and she said she takes care of that stuff and just has to see the papers. I’m just about to print this out and hopefully I can get my loans forgiven and have more money to do stuff. :grinning:

1 Like

yea best of luck bud. they have forgiven me and a friend of mine thats sz too. im glad i can help :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have one question that I’m afraid to ask the office because I’m afraid it will come around and bite me. It has to do with getting money for school in the future. I know I cannot get further loans for school but can I get grants and can I still fill out the FASFA to get those grants?

Grants are allowed. I’ve received them

1 Like

Awesome thank you.

1 Like

No problem man… always double check another source tho… ive gotten grants and im pretty sure its cool but you never know… if you ask Nelnet you could do it with tact. its not a bad question just because you would benefit bro… it doesnt sound bad.

1 Like